Next year's back up QB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I'd take Collins over just about every hack mentioned here. He knows his place, and will have had a year in the system.

2. Agreed, Collins is a reasonable backup now that he knows the playbook. Of course, I'd still look around and see who else is available.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think you two are about to be grilled...or flamed whatever internet geeks use these days.

However I agree we should keep Collins.

Though, if he does leave, my KC signature suddenly sky rockets in value...

4. I'm sure a bunch of people want to dump Collins and think he sucks. He did the first 3 weeks this year. But I think he'd make a good enough backup and he apparently hasn't hurt Vince's development so far.

5. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

We need a veteran backup, not Kerry Collins to mentor young. Your only as good as your backup qb.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

familiarity with the system helps out alot
    I still feel had we brought Collins to camp when he first came to town (a day or so before they left for Clarksville) and let him and Vince share the snaps, both would have got there alot quicker - which could have led to one less loss (and a playoff berth)

some commentary regarding Garcia pointed out that he was familiar with the WCO, hence his current success

7. Oooh... oooh... oooh... we need a veteran backup who isn't capable of starting! I know! We should trade for Billy Volek... :bonk2:

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

is Matt Schaub available ?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

RFA I think.

10. Yes, RFA. So no, he's not available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar