Pre-Game Thread Next Up: Titans @ Chiefs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Dec 12, 2016.

?
  1. Titans by 1-3

17 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. Titans by 4-6

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. Titans by 7-9

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Titans by 10-13

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Titans by 14+

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. Chiefs by 1-3

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Chiefs by 4-6

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  8. Chiefs by 7-9

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  9. Chiefs by 10-13

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  10. Chiefs by 14+

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Great win yesterday....now on to the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are a solid solid football team that makes its living on winning the turnover battle and winning special teams play. They are 3rd in the league at +11 in turnover margin. Titans now sit at +2.

The Chiefs offense has scored only 25 TDs this yr. While they have gotten 5 defensive TDs and 2 STs TDs. Their run defense is 6th worst in the league giving up 122yd/gm. But they have only given up 7 rushing TDs this yr which is 7th best in the league.

So our game plan has got to be similar to what we just did with the Broncos. Pound the rock, don't turn the ball over and don't give up the big play on STs.

I said that we needed to play the Broncos 9 on 9 to just stay away from their CBs. We pretty much did that. Well this week it needs to be 10 on 10. No reason at all to give Marcus Peters the chance to make a play. Avoid him at all cost.

I'm glad the Chiefs just used a fake punt against the Falcons for a TD because that should be fresh on our minds. We can't have another STs gaffe.

It is going to be cold and we are going to have to be able to run the rock. Time to TitanUp!!!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Game plan will be similar to the Denver game...run right at them...unfortunately KC has a better run D than denver. MM is going to have to play better than yesterday (honestly worst game he has had IMO, even including ones with turnovers), some of that goes to play calling yesterday...I thought that we should have began running PA on 1st/2nd down as the broncos began stacking the line....should have been plays to make.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. VA_Titan

VA_Titan Starter

If we can run the ball and our defense plays well again, we have a great shot at winning this game. We need to get a little more from our offense don't you think?

4. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Marcus knows he sucked this week. I do believe he will bounce back vs. the Chiefs. If we play a clean game I think we win. We gonna run straight at and over their pass rushers.

5. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Bring on our punt team!!

6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Dak and MM both stunk up the place this weekend. They both had passer ratings around 45. Only Winston is balling right now, and the Bucs have a really good defense. Let's hope the staff finds a cure real fast.

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

They don't have a Von Miller to run the ball away from. Run it all over them!

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Houston is just as good...IMO.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  9. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

2 years ago nobody thought we could go into Arrow Head and beat them on opening day and we did. Our roster is night and day compared to that year's lineup. Feel good about going there this time around.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I don't have a crystal ball, but I think we're just a few players away from being competitive for a few seasons.

If we fix our secondary and pick up a receiver or two we should be there.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar