New Weapons, Same Offense?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

jessestylex is part of our open door policy. We allow a few less fortunate cognitively to participate so they can find fulfillment acting like normal posters.

I agree the game plans won't change drastically although we certainly will have more confidence throwing in a few extra play action plays because we have playmakers. Last season we had McCariens. He was thrown the ball often enough so I just imagine if we had a real NFL WR running the routes and catching the ball. Imagine the upgrade on him alone. We are also much deeper so if someone gets dinged we don't lose a step. When CJ went down in the playoffs we could have used a little more fire power.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I actually do agree with this post...good job

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Randy Moss 1998
    11 Starts
    69 Catches
    1,313 Yards (19 YPC, which is absurd for anyone, let alone a rookie)
    17 TD, 4 more then our entire receiving corps last season, RB and TE included.

He had stupid good numbers in his first season. Randy Moss is a HOF receiver

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

hes on my fantasy team. #1 WR this year

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I was talking about preseason cause Britt hasnt got to play a full year.

But those are good numbers for a Rookie. Who was their running back in 98?

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Ever mind Robert Smith was the RB, i thought Moss had a great year cause they had no run game but Smith had 1,187 yards that season.

Vikes had a hell of a team even Cris Carter had 1,011 yards that season.

7. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

especially if he knew the history :ha:

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

As far as the playbook goes, the Titans have a deep one. I believe we haven't used more than we've seen because we've executed what the coaches knew the players at the time could execute within their capabilities. This may change now, or rather, expand, but it will still be "Fisherball." And that ain't a bad thing. I've enjoyed expecting to win with our formula over the years.

Upon further review, more teams wish they could play Fisherball, else they wouldn't go up and down so much over the years. With a couple of exceptions (04-05), Titans fans can expect steady improvement from a Fisher-led squad. I relish that, myself.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Those are good numbers for a veteran. Anyone averaging 20 YPC with 1400 yards and 17 TD is a superstar athlete, consistently beating everyone on the opposing secondary.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all we traded McCariens in on Washington, Britt and Edison and we added Cook. If that doesn't look better weapons what would you call it? Oh, Ringer is a better pass catcher out of the back field than LW (maybe CJ)and he will get reps on 3rd down.

What do you not understand? Even if we don't have a Randy Moss we are far more balanced, we got rid of the worthless manure and we actually have guys who are not only better than what we had but potentially could evolve into real studs. Having a TE who can run like a WR, can jump out through the roof and is actually one of the better hand catchers on the team seems like a weapon to me. Even if none of these guys put up huge stats on their own the total increase in offensive fire power could be enormous IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar