New Jumbotrons!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GoTitans3801, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Bud won't fix the place until we:

A. Win the Super Bowl

B. Stop selling-out every game.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think us stopping the sell outs would make him fix it. Continued support and a few solid seasons might motivate him to fix it up to try and get a super bowl. Since they've set the next 4 years, I believe, it'll be a while before we're seriously considered. By that time Nashville should be significantly bigger, and better able to handle it.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't think it's all on Bud to make improvements.
    The city, sport council, etc...

4. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

But it all starts with him and there have been no reports of him asking the city for funding. Seriously, if I were in his position, seeing every game sellout and merchandise sales and what-not, I probably wouldn't see a need to change anything either.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What was going on at the stadium then?

6. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

But if you're in his position and the team is losing support, do you spend all that money? It's kind of a double whammy. I see the team as more likely to be upgraded when we've climbed a little more and are set for a few years of deep playoff runs. Once Vince gets a little older, we should be more established and less in transition, it would be a good time for an owner to invest, since the team will keep interest for quite a while.

8. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

I agree with that but also think the game experience itself would help sell tickets (which is where I get my less support means more need for upgrades). Some people don't go to Titans games anymore because they either can't hear whats being said, can't see the replays (that has apparently been fixed), and just don't believe the gameday experience to be better then sitting at home anymore. Those are the people that Bud and every other owner in the league should be trying to get because they know that a diehard fan will be at the game no matter what.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bulluck..

All those things mean nothing to me though i like the new trons. What i can't stand is the stupid speed racer and kroger brands cartoon race..

I have no less desire to pay to go to a game now then before i just want us to have a good team again. Any reduction in support is only because of that. And perhaps because the titans are not a brand new phenom anymore but an established franchise.

After the preds move on there won't be any competition for fans. I think support will be as strong as ever. Vince young alone makes up most of the difference.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

HOK developments...............

The titans stadium was built by HOK the same builder of many top stadiums for football, baseball and soccer including white sox park and most of the newer baseball parks. When i first attended a game at the stadium it seemed to have many similarities to the new white sox park that became available in 91. One of the complaints about white sox park was that the upper deck was too steep. HOK was asked to build the park in such a way that there would not be a bad seat. The old comisky park across the street had many bad seats. So they came up with the bright idea of making the upper decks steep so you can see everything. Problem is many people don't care to watch a baseball game that way. You had people complaining that mom or grandma had trouble negotiating the stairs.

Well the titans stadium is built the same way but nobody minds it for football. But like white sox park the lustre of the new state of the art park wore off quickly as many other new parks were built. Frankly better parks. But that should not bother us much. As long as the park has all the newest technology, is clean and well maintained. We deserve the newest sound and video and anyone who has been to an old park or even attended games at vandy knows how much better these new stadiums are. At a titans game no matter how high your seats you do have a good view of the game with concessions and bathroom facilities close by. The seats are comfortable and over all the place is a great venue to see a game.

Look at the giants one of the storied franchises in the league and they still play in the meadowlands a stadium built in the late 70s i think and they share it. I know arrowhead is from the early 70s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar