New DC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jan 15, 2009.

?
  1. Dave McGinnis

20 vote(s)
    48.8%
  2. Chuck Cecil

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Someone inhouse

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. Someone from elsewhere

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why waste such a talented player on a 2 gap role? Put a shaun rogers at DT and AH at end and now you have something.

As for what AH actually weighs well every titan player weighs in every thursay during the season so the coaches would know. It's not something they would have to guess at like you are. besides i could just say that rogers is really 370. The bottom line is that there are no 6'6 NTs. as a NT AH would get beat up, probably injured more and less of an impact player. As a 3-4 end he would be awesome.

AH is listed at 320. Richard seymour is listed at 310. Would the patriots be smart taking their future HOF end and playing him on the nose?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I just don't understand why so many want to change a team that was 12-3 this year. No i'm not counting the last colts game.

There are so many positive things about this defense. Jacob ford who didn't play a down in 07 become a major force this year. Hayes at the end of the season starts to show his great potential. Ball a young player and bargain pickup plays great until the back injury. Jason jones! Griffin who was good last year was pro bowl like player this year.

We have a GM who is proving he can draft defense. I just named them! Our o-line is set for 4 years! We have a great young RB.

We have all these good things that point to a great future of super bowl contention so what do some posters want to do? Change it all!!!! WTF!

Brand new 3-4 defense fitting square peg into a round hole? New QB? This all makes no damn sense!

Keep the team the way it is defensive system and QB, keep all the players we have as much as possible and add great athletes in the draft. What else would a logical person do?

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I wouldn't put him at NT, but regardless of his height, I think he'd work there. Like I said, not all 3'4 NT's are asked to just hold up two guys. In a Dallas type 34, he'd be asked to get upfield more which would suit him better.

How do you figure I'm guessing what he weighs? Did you read my post? In a recent game, the announcers asked what he weighed when they talked with him. I think he said it was around 345. They commented how he looked slim and in shape for that weight. I know I'm not the only one who heard that.

RT, you get hung up on #'s too much. Players defy the #'s every day. You remind me of Vizzini in A Princess Bride....
    [​IMG]

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thank you for agreeing i am right. I never said AH would suck at NT just that it would be dumb to put him there.

AH is just one part of the issue. What about the broader issue of taking a defense that was 2nd in scoring defense this year and 8th in scoring defense last year and completely changing the entire scheme even though some players don't fit or have not proven to be able to play it.

What about the previous poster who thought we could stand kearse up and just have him play a limited zone?

Maybe you can't see the broader issue.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

This is a poster that disagrees with me regarding the incredibly insane idea of going to a 3-4? Somebody is a bit confused. :flamegun::flamegun:

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Are you talking to me RT?

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:ha:

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Those are not puck quotes.

Puck has never been the most original of posters. :lol:

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I can put up movie characters also..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvdJFnb5spo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvdJFnb5spo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So which one is mongo?

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

For what it's worth I agree with RollTide on all points here. The idea of shifting to a 3-4 as our primary system is insane. Now, with that being said, a 3-4 package for use against some passing teams, I have the Colts specifically in mind, is a good idea. It's been done and I liked it. I would have liked to see it more. I like the confusion the 3-4 generates. It's tougher for the passer to predict where a blitz might come from. Regardless of what happens shifting to the new DC, whoever it is I hope is very creative and into stunts. I am a big fan of exotic defenses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar