New Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by talldrinko, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

It's too bad that the Steve Spurrier joke wouldn't be funny twice....
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

Tuna is supposed to be in his last year so unfortunately its likely Zimmer will get offered the HC job at Dallas.
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rolltide's short list..

#1 Al saunders-24 years in nfl. Was the rams WR coach when they won it all in 99 and then martz's OC in 2000. OC for chiefs 2001-2005. Chiefs average scoring offense rated 5th. Won't come cheap just signed for $2M to be redskins coordinator. Not a bad guy to bring vince young along and build an offense around him.

#2 Mike zimmer top DC with lots of experience.

#3 Jimmy johnson best DC in the league working for a great head coach.

Also getting interviews: Gregg williams and mike martz.
  4. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Oh not Mike Martz. He is a moron.

But I agree with the rest, I am surprised Saunders never got an HC interview.

Monte Kiffen would be nice as well but I don't believe he wants to be a HC.
  5. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

yeah, he'll get vince killed
  6. TM

TM Starter

The future of the team is the development of Vince Young. I'd hire an OC who has experience developing QBs as the head coach. Do that and rebuild the OL and that's a big improvement.
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Some other guys..

Ravens DC rex ryan.

Bengals OC bartkowski

Bengals DC bresnahan

Bresnahan was the raiders DC when they went to the super bowl in 2002. The raiders were 6th in scoring defense that year. He seems to do well with average talent and has worked with gruden and of course now lewis.

Bartkowski improved the bengals offense from the beginning even before palmer became the starting QB. Remember even jon kitna put up pro bowl type numbers in his offense. Bartkowski has extensive college experience as the OC for several teams including miami.
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tm.

I'm thinking the exact same thing. Al saunders would have the good sense to hire a quality DC. Mike martz hired lovey smith and he seems to know defense pretty well.

Bartkowski sure has done well with QBs and i would give martz an interview. A lot of people turn their nose up at martz but he is principally the reason for kurt warner and the rams going to 2 super bowls. He won 62% of his games as head coach and succeeded with three different QBs.
  9. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Three QBs?

Warner, Bulger and who?
  10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Rex Ryan. At first I thought he was just riding his dad's name, but he has made the Ravens solid. Of course a number of 1st round picks doesn't make it any harder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.