NBA thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Gunny, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

why would Lebron leave Cleveland?

he is the #1 guy. if he cant get the Ring there, why would it be any different anywhere else? anywhere he goes he is the guy that has to win it for them.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Because Cleveland suck and don't have anyone else besides him?

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

they sucked, but had the NBA's best season record?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Playing in the easier division does that.

Where did they finish?

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Here's some perspective on how good the Cavs were this past year:

Grizzlies last year: 104 points scored, 109 points against per 100 possessions
    Cavs sans LBJ last year: 104 points scored, 110 points against per 100 possessions

Worse than the Grizzlies, in other words. I'd say he would have a better supporting cast by going to 80% of the other teams out there.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The Cavaliers (excluding James) had almost as good a supporting cast (statistically speaking) as the Lakers. (excluding Kobe)

Please stop making excuses for Prince James.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Ummm, those wouldn't be statistics you're talking about. That would be your own hearsay once again. I bring stat after stat in support of LBJ and all you have is "KOBE ROCKS!!". OK man.

How about the actual stats:

L.A. Lakers sans Kobe: 103.9 scored, 104.5 allowed per 100 possessions.

In other words, an average NBA team. Only in this fantasy land in your head is that comparable to the Cavs without LBJ.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Nothing about Ariza says wow to me. I don't think he'll make a big leap with the Rockets, though I hope he does. When people saw McGrady his first year or two, people were like wow. He could be something. I don't get that feeling with Ariza. I'm glad he's on board. But the expectations are low for me. Unfortunately, the Rockets need a superstar to team up with, well, uh, nobody at this point.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

*sigh*

Lebron's supporting cast vs Kobe's (considered the best in the nba)
    Mo Williams: 16 ppg
    Delonte West: 13 ppg
    Z Ilgauskus: 10.5 ppg
    Varejao: 7 ppg

Pau Gasol: 18 ppg
    Lamar Odom: 12 ppg
    Trevor Ariza: 11 ppg
    Derek Fisher: 7 ppg

The difference?

1.5 points. ONE POINT FIVE POINTS between their starting 4 other than Kobe/Lebron.

The rest of the Cavs team =

16.5 ppg

Lakers?

Yeah... HUGE difference between supporting cast there.

Basically 2 points difference between Lebron's supporting cast and Kobe's.

No more excuses.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

So basically you're ignoring all of the defense and all of the bench players. Statistics that I had already listed, adjusted for pace, even. The bottom line is that the Lakers were 12 points per 100 possessions better with Kobe while the Cavs were 21 points per 100 possessions better with LeBron. So how exactly do you consider this up for debate when you bring the word "statistics" into it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar