NBA Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Plus Lebron is almost guaranteed to bring Bosh with him. Whoever has those two players is already better than Cleveland. If you add Wade, or some other mega star. That's a pretty good team right out of the gates. All you need are two role players and then build a 3 man bench.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Good defense, ok as a 2 guard. He's a point guard first and foremost but since Wall is going to that he should suffice as the 2 guard if they play him there.

He's a good character guy.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Problem is, if LeBron and Bosh are in NY for example who's the PG? Who comes off the bench? There's still a ton of holes on a team that clears out all their room just to bring in big name players. If LeBron wanted to win NOW then LA, Chicago and Cleveland are the only places, Miami and the New York teams have bare cupboards.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

How about Allen Iverson....or Rafer Alston.

Not great, but still starter worthy.

They will have Gallinari and possibly T-Mac too as role players. T-Mac is a great passer even if he cannot jump anymore. Gallinari spreads the offense and he can actually score. That's a solid 5 man rotation right there at low cost.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Iverson is retired or will and McGrady is done, he's not going to help anyone. Alston would be an OK guy to have though. It looks to me like LeBron is going to Chicago which I guess makes a bit of sense.

I like the Wizards draft with obviously Wall but Booker looks like a solid bench player. What bothers me is Washington has the 5th most cap room yet I'm hearing no rumors of them being linked to free agents. Not that I thought we would go after LeBron, Bosh or Wade but I'm thinking we might do more things like acquiring average players like Hinrich or whatever.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Wizards will likely save their money to go after Carmelo next year. I think that Wall is a breadth of fresh air for the franchise, and they might be able to draw Carmelo in. Not sure that Anthony is the answer, but he proved he can lead an ncaa team to the title, and that's part of an impressive resume' at every level.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Word is Carmelo is close to an extension.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1. Lebron is not going to Chicago. Anyone that's known who Lebron James is for more than 3 years knows he doesn't have the stones for it.

2. Chris Bosh has basically already killed any idea of he and Lebron being a package deal. So "guaranteed to land Bosh"? lol sure. Bosh want's to be "the man". (his words) Think he wants to be Lebron's screen setter? Doubt it.

3. Allen Iverson will be lucky to play in D League if he wants to do so. He's painted himself as a cancer and a whiney b**ch for his entire career, but more-so lately... and unfortunately for him, he's no longer good enough to get away with it.

4. Memphis had a pretty good draft. I think Henry's a steal.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Last year I head this same nonsense.

So I showed everyone how Lebron's supporting cast scores more points than any other supporting cast. And no, that's not because "Lebron makes them better" or any other silly ESPN talk. It's because they've CATERED to Lebron.(for the record almost every player that comes to the Cavs numbers go DOWN when playing with Lebron... in case anyone uses the 'makes them better' bs)
    They brought in Mo Williams for Lebron. They brought in Antawn Jamison for Lebron. They brought in Shaquille Oneal for Lebron. What the hell else can he even ask for?
    They have 3x's the bench that the Lakers have.

Mo Williams can get 17 a night without Lebron. (fact) Antawn Jamison can get 20 a night without Lebron. (fact) Shaq can even get 18 a night without Lebron. (fact) This same Cavs team beat the Spurs without Mo, Lebron, Shaq, and Jamison...

Anyone that dare says Lebron needs more talent needs to open their eyes. The Lakers are the only ones with a better starting 5- but the Cavs bench is about 2x's better than LA's.

Anyone that has 3 all-stars that can average double-digits scoring has ZERO room to think they need more help.

It's crazy how one player gets every excuse in the book made for why he sucks in the postseason - then other players get hated on for doing well.

Lebron: Spoiled, arrogant, lazy = loved.
    Kobe: Can't get people to stop hating, hardest working player in nba, doesn't speak in 3rd person = hated.

I don't get it.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Lol, blatantly false. On a per minute basis, Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, and Shaq all have the same or better numbers on the Cavs. Despite taking fewer shots, even.

How about someone like Pau Gasol? Andrew Bynum? If the Lakers and Cavs played, the Lakers would have the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players on the court.

Lol, what bench? I know the Lakers suck, but it'd be fair to say that both the Lakers and the Cavs are in the top 10 as far as worst benches in the league.

Again, that is blatantly false. Both Mo and Jamison played that game against a Spurs team playing without Parker on a night where Ginobili and Hill combined for 2/3 of their points. Not that one game would ever prove anything lol. I wonder how far you had to search to find them get a win without LeBron haha.

Anyone that thinks Shaq or Mo are all-stars hasn't watched basketball in 3 years. Antawn is a recurring fringe candidate depending on how many shots he gets per night. Funny, his shooting percentage is up like 6% since joining the Cavs. He just gets less shots.

The Cavs team sucked in the postseason. LeBron's numbers were steady, in fact. Where was his supporting cast when it mattered? Funny how you give them so much credit for being all stars when their numbers dropped more than 20% when it mattered but yet you hate on LeBron who had practically the same numbers as he did all year on the team that had the best record in the league.

Through this whole post, we've focused on scoring numbers, but in fact none of the players on the Cavs play better than mediocre on defense except LeBron and Delonte West. Mo, Jamison, and Shaq are constant liabilities on the court. Yet they still had the best record in the league. That is only because of LeBron's monstrous impact on every phase of the game. I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise when looking at his +/-.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar