Nashville restaurants/dining

Discussion in 'Nashville' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The problem with the local Ruth's Chris is inconsistency. One night you'll get the best Filet of your life, next time it could be as average as Sizzlin' Steak House..

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The Saffire in the Factory/Franklin has some tasty filets as well and a fun environment..

3. Titans&SkinsFan

Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

The chocolate lava cake is crazy awesome at Fleming's.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

As someone who worked in two different Ruth's Chris' Steak Houses, including the Nashville one, I stay away. They definitely have the best quality meat, and use really great ingredients. That being said, if you look around a little, you can find Prime Beef and good seafood that you can cook better at home. If you don't know how to cook, the chain steakhouses are a good experience. If you can cook, and enjoy it, it's a waste of your money.

Morton's has a good happy hour though, especially if you're looking to run into people. I've heard that Flemings has a good bar menu with great burgers, but haven't done it myself.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

^

That's probably the main reason I prefer Stoney River. I never order steak out, because I'd rather grill one.

Of course I've had steak at both restaurants otherwise it would be dumb to compare them. And steak was great at both and everything, but I've had other dishes at both places. It's the atmosphere that puts SR over the top for me.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've only been to SR once, and it was for lunch and I had an entree salad, but it was perfectly fine. I've got nothing against them. Very similar, in my opinion, to J. Alexanders. Focus on consistency and good service. You may not being getting anything crazy or that you couldn't do yourself, but you can count on them to do a good job and pay attention to the details when you just want a simple meal out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar