Nashville attractions

Discussion in 'Nashville' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Info on things to do/places to see can be posted here.

2. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Ryman Auditorium, doesn't matter what kind of show they're having ... its the best little concert venue in North America.

/Thread

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I just walk up and down Broadway mostly. It's fun barhopping on a Friday-Saturday night, when it's Spring/Summertime.

4. wtenn

wtenn Starter

While not exactly in Nashville, two of my favorite attractions in the area are the Carter House in Franklin and the Sam Davis Estate in Smyrna.

The Carter House is enjoyable in many ways. The guides are well-informed and interesting and the whole story of Tod Carter and his death as a soldier, after being shot, literally, in his own back yard is fascinating. The structures on the property that are still ridiculed with bullet holes are well preserved and eye catching. And one of my favorite parts of the site are the old pictures of the Carter property from before the turn of the 20th Century that show it to be deserted farmland, despite the fact that it is actually in downtown Franklin. It really shows how much that area has grown.

The Sam Davis Estate is just a pretty neat place that features five or six houses on a picturesque property on the banks of a large creek. I found the story of the "Boy Hero of the Confederacy" and his execution is compelling and I especially liked that the large rock that Davis hid his horse behind when visiting home, so as to avoid Union detection, was still in place.

5. TitanMatt

TitanMatt Bleed Blue!!!

Ryman Auditorium
    Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
    The Hermitage
    Grand Ole Opry
    Bluebird Cafe (and maybe even Donut Den since it is less than a mile away)
    Bell Meade Plantation
    Tootsie's Orchid Lounge (downtown on Broadway, within walking to stadium)
    Parthenon and Centennial Park
    General Jackson Riverboat Tours (if staying around Opry Mills area, will take to stadium on gamedays!)
    Belmont Mansion

6. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

It's Christmas time. Go see the Rockettes, go to ICE, visit the Opryland Hotel and end your Christmas Day at LP Field watching the Titans beat the Changers.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We've got a great new library that's one of the top ten in the U.S. Worth a tour if you're the kind of person who can enjoy walking around a pretty fantastic library. 7th and Church, roughly.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How about food spots? Anyone have any good suggestions.

9. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Use club soda, should remove the spots.:moon2:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't know why we needed a new library, we already had the worlds largest bookstore...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar