My Off-Season Plan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't think being cut has anything to do with it.. (not really sure).
    A free agent signing, is a free agent signing.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

http://adamjt13.blogspot.com.au/2010/03/projecting-2010-compensatory-nfl-draft.html

"In order to qualify for the comp equation, a player must have been a true Unrestricted Free Agent whose contract had expired or was voided after the previous season (i.e., he cannot have been released by his old team); he must sign during the UFA signing period (which ended July 27 last year); if he signs after June 1, he must have been tendered a June 1 qualifying offer by his old team; his compensatory value or contract value must be above a specific minimum amount; and he cannot have been permanently released by his new team before a certain point in the season (which seems to be after Week 10) or, possibly, before getting a certain amount of playing time, unless he was claimed off waivers by another team."

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Carpy

Refer my post above. Re-signings don't count, and Hope and Scott weren't signed until after the window closed. I don't believe Hall signed anywhere.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Instead of signing Britt to a long term deal, I would go out and try and get Greg Jennings or Mike Wallace. Both proven young players. They would be Britt insurance. If Britt breaks out and has a great year, stays healthy, and stays out of trouble then you can always franchise him. If he isn't worth franchising then you can let him go and you at least still have a solid #1 in Wallace/Jennings.

I love the pick of Barrett Jones in the 1st rnd. The guy can plug and play multiple positions from the get go. He is as solid as they come in terms of character and brains. I also wouldn't be upset with Chance Womack

I also agree that adding another starting quality CB should be a priority. I would like to see us sign Verner to a long term deal. He isn't the fastest, but his instincts make up for it.

And of course we need SS help.

6. Carpy

The RFA tenders last year were as per below. As Ivory was an UDFA, the bottom tender is out of the equation because they would get no compensation. So the difference between the 1st and 2nd round tender is $800k. They may tender him at the 2nd round value, but if they are serious about holding onto him, then why not fork out the additional $800k. Either way, he is getting a 1st or 2nd round tag.:

Tender amountCompensation required
    $2.742 million First-round
    $1.927 million Second-round
    $1.26 million Determined by RFA's original draft status

7. Carpy

The 2011 Comp pick was for losing KVB the year before. We got no comp picks last year, because although we lost Babin and Tulloch, we signed Hasselbeck, Daniel Graham and Shaun Smith,

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Def did not know that... is that new?

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I might not agree with everything, but damn this is really nice to see. Thanks for putting in the work!! H5!

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

This is great! I'm curious what we do if we were to go 3-4. Manti T'eo! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar