My Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My Mock Draft v2 (1/27)

v2 1/27/11

1. Panthers - Nick Fairley (DT - Auburn)
    Panthers miss out on Luck, aw shucks. But Fairley is still a great player. He's not Suh and won't be pure amazing and a huge impact player, but he'll help the Panther D-Line. I wouldn't be surprised if they go for an impact player like Peterson or AJ Green though.

2. Broncos - Patrick Peterson -(CB/FS - LSU)
    Champ Bailey is a free agent, whether he leaves or not Peterson would be a great pick. The Broncos secondary is HORRIBLE. 25th on pass D (31 on rush D). Besides Champ Bailey (who's 32) who do the Broncos have at corner: Goodman (32), Nate Jones?, & Perish Cox (he's decent). Then at safety, Dawkins who's done and 37 and Renaldo Hill (32). Patrick will be an impact player in the secondary, could play at corner or safety. Most mocks have the Broncos taking Bowers, I disagree.. DL depth is huge this year. They could pick up a solid DE or DT in the 2nd.

3. Bills - Marcel Dareus (DT/DE - Bama)
    You're probably shocked that they didn't take Bowers. But I think Dareus is a better fit. Bowers is a monster, but in a 3-4 could he still play DE? Bills already have Merriman and Kelsay at 3-4 OLB, but at 3-4 DE Stroud and _____. Dareus would start at DE in their 3-4, and since the Bills are a hybrid and play some 4-3, he could also play DT. Bowers appears to me to be best at a 4-3 DE only. No QB, Fitz is decent.

4. Bengals - AJ Green (WR - Georgia)
    T.O. probably will not be returning & OchoCinco is 32. Green could replace TO and eventually Ocho. There is the issue with Palmer. But, is any QB worth the 4th overall pick? Probably not. I also doubt the Bengals take a DE, the only other position really available this early.. they have Dunlap who looks good and Odom & their DTs aren't bad either. Bowers still is falling.

5. Cardinals - Cameron Newton (QB - Auburn)
    Cardinals need a QB, bad. Cardinals had 4 different QBs play this year, all 4 struggled. They could go after Orton, McNabb, or Kolb in the off-season, but I doubt they will. With the 31st worst passing team and worst offense overall the Cardinals need help fast. Newton or Gabbert make the most sense for the Cardinals, but a reach at #5. Newton was the most impressive QB this year, and has good potential. Will he be a start day 1? Only time will tell. Cardinals have other big needs (front 7 on D), but with an early 2nd rounder, they'll be plenty of talent. They can't risk waiting until rd 2 for a QB.

6. Browns - Cameron Jordan (DE/OLB/DT - Cal)
    The Browns need major help in their front 7. You're probably shocked that Jordan is taken this early, but his potential is crazy (may be another Cal raech, like last year with Alualu). Do you go for instant nfl ready or potential? Browns will go for potential. Plus Rob Ryan can have Jordan do some crazy things, at 6'4 285 he can do a DE or OLB (3-4) or DT (4-3).

7. 49ers - Prince Amukamara (CB -Nebraska)
    49ers need a corner, BAD. Clements isn't the player he once was and is 31, #2 CB Spencer is barely average. Prince is a great corner prospect and would fit in well for the 49ers. I could also see the 49ers going after Quinn or Von Miller.

8. Titans - DaQuan Bowers (DE - Clemson)
    Drafting another DE, crazy I know. But Bowers is just to great to pass up. 6'4/6'5 270. Babin probably will not be returning, since Wash is gone. Bowers plus Morgan could be a dynamic duo for years.. Mathis|Freeney v2.0? Yes please. I could see the Titans thinking QB here with Gabbert, Mallett, and Locker still on the board. I'd go with Locker if I had to choose.

9. Cowboys - Nate Solder (OT - Colo)
    Solders draft stock is rising, extremely fast. His senior bowl performance, thus far has been great. He's 6'9 315. Not a very "sexy" pick for Jerry, but they could have an elite OL, to help protect Romo. Cowboys need secondary help and a 3-4 DE, but there isn't anyone available right now. Von Miller could be another possibility, but Spencer and Ware are still very effective.

10. Redskins – Von Miller (OLB - Tex A&M)
    Orakpo + Von Miller = Scary pass rush. Imagine those two coming off the end rushing you're QB? Deadly. 'Skins also need QB and WR, Julio Jones or Locker are also possible picks here. But, I think Von will be the one to get drafted.

11. Texans – Robert Quinn (DE/OLB - UNC)
    Texans are switching to the 3-4, that could be... interesting. My guess is Mario will play OLB, Cushing goes to ILB, and Antonio Smith will stay at DE. So who is going to play at the other OLB position? Mr. Robert Quinn that's who.

12. Vikings – Blaine Gabbert (QB – Mizzou)
    Vikings need a QB bad, Tavaris & Joe Webb are not the answer. Maybe Favre wil return (completely kidding lol). So the question is Gabbert vs Locker.. who's the better fit? For the Vikings.. Gabbert has a strong arm and good release. Reminds me of Matt Ryan, and hey they'll have the same QB coach Musgrave.

13. Lions – Akeem Ayers (OLB – UCLA)
    Congratulations Lions, you finished on a 4 game win streak.. and screwed yourself from landing Amukamara or Peterson. Lions need a CB very bad, Vasher and Houston aren’t anything close to good. Sadly, their isn't any QBs worth the #13 pick available, so they'll fix their next problem: OLB. Ayers is an all-around solid 4-3 OLB.

14. Rams – Julio Jones (WR - Alabama)
    The Rams need help in two positions: OLB and WR. The Rams need a legit #1 receiver for Bradford. Since Akeem Ayers was just drafted, Julio Jones would be the BPA and best pick period for the Rams. Julio and Bradford could form an amazing duo for years to come.

15. Dolphins – Mark Ingram (RB – Alabama)
    Ricky Williams has stated he will retire and Ronnie Brown is a free-agent. Even if Ronnie is re-signed, the ‘Fins love their RB duo. Ingram is obviously the best RB in this draft. Dolphins could also go for a QB, since Henne is struggling (Locker). But I think the 'Fins still have faith in Henne. Mark Ingram would be a great fit for the Dolphins.

16. Jaguars – Stefen Wisniewski (OG/C)
    Seems like every year the Jaguars take a defensive linemen early. With multiple good DL still available, they could turn to that.. again. But I don't think they will thise year. Their DL looked solid this year. Alualu and Knighton are playing good ball, Mincey was surprising. Kampman can still play, and Lane looked solid. Plus they still have 1st rounder Derrick Harvey which they probably haven't gave up on. Garrard is 32, and probably had the best year of his career but has a solid 2-3 more years. I could see them taking a later QB to develop, but since Locker is still on the board.. it's possible. Instead, Wisniewski will be the pick. The starting C is 33, and is nothing amazing. It's a bit of a reach, but very needed.

17. Patriots - (f/ Oak) – J.J. Watt (DE – WISC)
    Solid pick by the Patriots. J.J. Watt has a motor like no other, he would fit in great as a 3-4 DE in their scheme. 6'6 285, pure monster in the Patriots front 7.

18. Chargers - Adrian Clayborn (DE - Iowa)
    Chargers need help in their front 7 as well. Clayborn is a great player and fits the Chargers scheme. A LB is also needed, Martez Wilson could come off the board here, instead the Chargers opt for Clayborn.

19. Giants - Martez Wilson (ILB - Illini)
    Great pick by the Giants. Martez is a freakish tackling machine, at 6'4 250 he could play any LB position. Bulluck probably has another year, and Boley is decent. However, the Giants LBs need help. Golf was decent this year. Martez could help the Giants, instantly.

20. Buccaneers – Ryan Kerrigan(DE - Purdue)
    Bucs get a solid DE this late in the draft. The Bucs DEs were the weak-point to their Defense, their best DE was Stylez White with 4.5 sacks. The Bucs would have a young DL considering they drafted two DTs last year. Buccanneers could also use a safety and it wouldn’t surprise me if they reached on one

21. Chiefs - Aldon Smith (OLB - Mizzou)
    This pick I really couldn't decide. The Chiefs need help at OG/C and #2 WR. But, their isn't any players available at those positions worth that draft spot. So I think the Chiefs will go OLB, Vrabel is older (Studebaker looks like he could replace him) and Tamba Hali is a free agent. Tamba will probably return, but Aldon Smith would provide excellent depth is he does not. I could also see Chiefs having interest in Justin Houston or Pinkston (OG).

22. Colts - Anthony Castonzo (OT - BC)
    Last year after the Colts lost, the GM criticized the teams OL for their lackluster play. You think he would of then drafted a legit OL last year, nope. So the problem continued this year, maybe he will try to fix the problem this year.... and Castonzo could be the answer.

23. Eagles - Corey Liuget (DT - Illini)
    Eagles could use help at OT and CB. However, I could see him trying to develop a solid DL. They recently brought in the Titans DL Coach (Wash). Who is know as one of the best. He could develop Liuget into one of the best. Liuget would be a solid pick by the Eagles.

24. Saints - Allen Bailey (DE - Miami)
    Bailey is a monster pass rusher, and would fit the Saints. Saints don't have an glaring needs. DL depth is always great to have. A Runningback could also be an option, but Ivory|Bush should be able to carry the load next year. Don't be surprised if LeShoure does go #24 though.

25. Seahawks - Jake Locker (QB - Wash)
    Seattle keeps Washington in Washington. Carrol did just trade for Whitehurst, but lets face it, he's nothing. Not sure what he was thinking with that trade. Hasselbeck is near the end of his career, could maybe sneak in a couple more years. Locker could sit and develop behind Hasselbeck and come in and shine. Perfect team for Jake Locker to land.

26. Ravens - Brandon Harris (CB - Miami)
    Foxworth is coming off a major knee injury, Webb hasn’t shown he’s anything great, and their remaining CBs will be free agents. Another "The-U" player that Ravens hope will turn out great... like Reed and Ray Ray.

27. Falcons - Kyle Rudolph (TE - ND)
    Gonzalez has had a great career, but it's near the end. Tony Gonzalez can teach Kyle Rudolph for the next couple of years, while Rudolph is the #2 TE. He could develop into a great TE.

28. Patriots - Justin Houston (OLB - UGA)
    The Patriots continue to improve their D. After drafting JJ Watt earlier, they now turn to OLB. They already have Ninko and Banta-Cain at OLB, but neither are pass rushers. Cunningham is a decent backup OLB, but Houston could come in and see immediate playing time. Patriots could work up some crazy plays to use him on the blitz.

29. Bears - Jon Baldwin (WR - Pitt)
    The Bears COULD use this pick to upgrade their OL or even target some more DL help. After the combine, Baldwins draft stock will be crazy high. He's 6'5", 225, runs a 4.45ish, and vert is amazing. Remember last time Cutler had a tall/fast target.. it was Brandon Marshall. Could Cutler turn Baldwin into Marshall 2.0, hopefully. Bears can use their 2nd round pick on a much needed offensive linemen.

30. Jets - DeAndre McDaniel (S - Clemson)
    A reach for McDaniel, but he's probably the best safety for this draft. He's got good size, speed, and can tackle. Eric Smith played well this year, but safety depth is always good to have. Their is other players available for the Jets to take, but I don't think they go BPA.

31. Steelers - Aaron Williams (CB - Texas)
    Steelers may draft the Pouncey brother, so they can kiss each other again. However, I think they'll address a bigger need first. CB. Ike Taylor is their #1, and is solid.. although he is 30 right now. McFadden got burnt alot this year. Aaron Williams would be a great pickup for the Steelers.

32. Packers - Gabe Carimi (OT - Wisc)
    Yeah, that's right Packer won the Super Bowl. Keeping Rodgers protected is needed, and someone will need to replace Chad Clifton in the future. Carimi would be a great pick for the Packers, and will be lucky if he falls this far.

Titans remainding picks:

2nd round: Stephen Paea - DT (Oregon St, 6'1 295) - Paea showed in the Senior Bowl that he can not play NT. Then he got injured, those two things will lower his draft stock. He'll fall to the Titans we're they will gladly take him. Paea + Jones could be a great duo.

3rd round: Christian Ponder - QB (Florida St, 6'2 222) - Alot of people are down on Ponder. However, after watching the Senior Bowl practices, I like him even more. He says he's only about 85% right now, and is impressive. His durability is an issue, however he'll probably be backup QB for a year or 2, so he'll get healthy. His arm strength isn't amazing, but it's average. His Football IQ, intelligence, leadership, and accuracy will make a great QB.

4th round: Kelvin Sheppard - LB (LSU, 6'2 250) - Sheppard is a tackling machine. He's probably an ILB, but could probably also play OLB. He would be a steal as a 4th rounder. Could be a future star, extremely impressive.

5th round: Roy Helu - RB (Nebraska, 5'11 220) - Helu is a power back and can also block great. He could fight for the #2 spot and get goalline carries, would like for him to continue to get bigger, 5'11 230 would be great.

6th round: Zach Hurd - OG (Conn, 6'6 320) - Monster, can play literally LT, RT, RG, LG. Would be a great depth OL, since he can play all positions well. Would probably have to fall a little for the Titans to get him.

7th round: Terrence Toliver - WR (LSU, 6'4 206) - Potential Justin Gage replacement. Big body, big target.

For xpmar9x's mock draft v.1 - View attachment draftv1.txt .

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Very solid mock..I agree with most of it. I could see the Browns taking Julio Jones because they need playmakers, and Quinn sliding to Tampa at 20 would be a steal for them. I could see the top 10 playing out exactly like that, after that who knows. I would love for us to be able to land Amukamara or Peterson, and take Marvin Austin in round 2.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It is wierd. I've seen Wiesniewski in several 1st round mocks, but McShay has him at something like 122 overall.

4. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

We are getting a QB while we get McNabb

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

just posted this is another thread, but it fits better here. Assuming we get a QB via trade or free agency, here would be my ideal first 4 rounds...

1. Prince Amukamara or Patrick Peterson CB
    2. Marvin Austin DT
    3. Deunta Williams FS
    4. Casey Matthews ILB

If we could land those 4 defensive players Id be more then fine waiting for the QB heavy 2012 draft to take a QB.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The only thing that popped out to me as very unlikely was the Bengals taking AJ Green.

They need so much more than WR even with the problems with TO and Ocho. They'll have to go defensive line. They could possibly trade picks, move down to about the 14th or 15th pick and get the best O-lineman available. QB is always a possiblity too. I think it's time they move on from Palmer.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't think Bengals go WR they need a lot of help.

8. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

that's your problem right there

9. 24

24 Starter

Here's the thing though. Green is probably the first or second overall best prospect in this draft. People are comparing him to Randy Moss, in terms of athletic ability. Even if a team has a slight need at the position, they'll take him. Like Detroit did with Calvin Johnson in 2007. In fact, lots of people aren't expecting him to fall past Buffalo, even though most of Buffalo's problems lie on the defensive side. Most of the time, teams don't draft based on need. They just take the BPA.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That's what I thought also.. but AJ Green is a good fit and would be the best available. OL is a big need, but no OL is available that early. Trading down? Likely. QB is probably needed, but any QB besides Luck that early would probably be a waste. As for DL, at DE they have Antwan Odom (hurt in '10, had a good '09 season), Carlos Dunlap (finished strong with 9.5 sacks), and then depth with Geathers & Rucker. At DT they have Peko (who's solid), Pat Sims played well, Rookie Geno Atkins, and Tank Johnson. So I don't think DL is needed. Their CBs are good also, safeties need work.. but they'd need to trade down for that also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar