My FULL Titans Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

All 7 rounds with comp. picks, here's my mock draft:

1st Round (16) - Brandon Graham - DE / Michigan - Brandon is a great DE, and is NFL ready now (just like Derrick Morgan, but I think he'll be gone at 16). Brandon could come in and have the immediate effect on the Titans. He's another Michigan project, almost identical to LaMarr Woodley, same height and a few pound difference. I think Brandon could be a mix of Woodley and Dwight Freeney, doesn't that sound good?

2nd Round - NO PICK

3rd Round (77) - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - CB / Indy(PA) - A 6'0 207 CB. He ran a 4.32 40, 35" Vert, 21 BP and played at a DivII school. He's a great athlete and could be a steal in the 3rd round. Very physical and tough CB. With no legit #2 CB, he could have a chance to steal that spot. Six CBs fighting for a starting role, that could be great.

*3rd Round (97) - Jacoby Ford - WR&RET / Clemson - The return game sucked last year. Jacoby Ford could have a "Hester-effect" on the Titans. Jacoby ran a 4.22 40, thats fast! He could come in and make the special teams actually special. Not to mention he could be a #4/#5 WR, and possibly be a Nate Washington in a couple years. He's a playmaker, just like Percy Harvin was last year. Ford could do WR Screens, Reverses, etc. He was a proven returner in college and could also receive and return. Jacoby could make an immediate impact for the Titans in the return game.

4th Round (111)
    - Rennie Curran - LB / Georgia - He's a smaller LB (5'11 230), but plays big. He's a physical freak, if you saw him in the combine you know exactly what I'm talking about; He's pure muscle. Rennie plays alot like London Fletcher-Baker (Redskins LB). He can react to the ball, and slide right in for a tackle. Has some minor coverage problems, but a great work-ethic. Should of stayed in college for his senior year, probably would been a 2nd round pick next year if he stayed. Rennie would be limited to mostly special teams, but would provide great depth for all 3 LB positions.

5th Round (148) - Myron Rolle - S / Fla St - 6'1 215 Safety, can play FS and SS. He's a genius. Myron did not play football in '09 because he was one of 32 students in America to be named a Rhodes Scholar - the most prestigious academic honor in all of college academics. Myron ran a 4.59 40 and put up 21 BP. He was projected to be a late first-early second pick last year, but decided to take advantage of his Rhodes Scholarship and went to Oxford (England) to study to become a neurosurgeon. Teams may shy away from Myron because he has a great chance to be many other things. Teams and GMs think he'll walk away from football in a couple years. He's a steal in the 5th . Fuller would back up one safety spot, Rolle the other. Also could play special teams.

6th Round (185) - Hall Davis - DE / Louisiana-Lafayette. Solid DE, smaller school. He's 6'4 271. Put up 28 Bench and ran a 4.8. Washburn is a great coach, he turns no name players into players, esp. small school DE. Williams Hayes and Jacob Ford was drafted in the 6th Round from a small school. Hall Davis would probably be a 3rd String DE, and would get very limited playing time. However, Babin and Ball were signed to one year deals. So in 2010-2011 season (if there is one) he could easily be a legit backup, getting major playing time.

*6th Round (207) - Michael Hoomanawanui - TE / ILL - 6'4 270 monster TE. He's one of the best blocking TE this year. Still ran a 4.7 even at 270lbs. A young more athletic Alge Crumpler. Put up 25BP (3rd best for TEs). Would make a solid 4th TE. Could be effective in goalline formations and special team OL formations. He's a solid player and a great person. (He lives 10 minutes away from me, I saw him play in High School and his mom is a co-worker/friend to my dad).

7th Round (222) - A QB. I couldn't decide. QBs that could be taken here: Sean Canfield (OrST), Mike Kafka (Nwstrn), Zac Robinson (OkSt), Jevan Sneed (Ole Miss), or Ryan Perriolloux (Jax St). I'd take any of these 5 QBs in the 7th round. They would play 3rd string. Learn behind VY and Collins, then once KC retires (soon!) he would be the #2. Almost like Billy Volek did! I'd like Canfield or Kafka the most. A young development project QB is something every team needs, like Brian Hoyer (Pats) or Curtis Painter (Colts).

*7th Round (245) - Deji Karim - RB / So.ILL - Played at a smaller school, but man he can play. Wasn't invited to the combine, but attended Northwesterns pro-day. Ran a 4.4 40, 19 Bench Press, and a 43'' Vert (best of all RBs by 2''s). A 1.52 10 yard dash. He's very athletic and led the Southern Illinois to a solid season. Karim rushed for 1,694 yards and 18 touchdowns in 2009. Played in the Texas vs. Nation game. He's 5'9 210 lbs. He's getting noticed now that he had a solid pro-day, was projected to be undrafted, now I see 6th-7th round. He also can be a returner. Karim could take Pearmans spot on the roster in 2010, if not he'll be on the team in 2011. A solid 4th string RB, has power and speed.

*=Comp Picks
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Sounds good. I'd be cool with that.
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

If we had this draft, We'd get an A+ rating.

All these players (besides the QB in the 7th) could make an impact on the Titans in '10.
  4. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

McCluster and Ford, I think will sadly be gone before the 3rd.
    I do really like the Perriloux and Rennie picks though.
    Not a bad draft; I'll post mine soon.
  5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

If we take Graham in the first, i would hope it would be after we traded down, no way is he worth the 16th pick of the draft.
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

^Yeah, because who would waste a #16 pick on a Dwight Freeney clone?
  7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Your bias interferes with any logic/common sense you may have.
  8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

I like this, the first 3 especially. I think I'd rather have Dekoda Watson from FL State than Curran from GA in the 4th, but I like Curran as well.

The QB I really like is Jarrett Brown from WV. The dude can sling the ball and is very atheletic. Also wouldn't mind Snead.
  9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I'm not bias against him, I just don't think he is one of the top 2 DEs in the draft. And only a myopic fan would call him a Dewight Freeney clone. He is a 1st round worthy pick by I would call him a guy we can get at say 22 to 24. So why not trade down and pick up an extra pick.
  10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Dwight Freeney.

I never said he was a "clone" of him. All I said was that Brandon Graham and Dwight have the same playing style, big difference.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.