Munchak: Year One

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I've been critical of Palmer and to a lesser degree Gray as well, but I also have to admit that only giving them 1 year without a preseason in which they still managed a winning record hardly seems fair.

And how did he make terrible decisions on challenges and personnel? He put Ruud on IR as soon as he saw how good McCarthy did in his absence, he gave Cook, Hawkins and Williams plenty of playing time and started rookies Ayers and Casey because they were the best players on the team.

No coach ever has the perfect gameplan for every game. There is a coaching staff on the other sideline too you know...

And apparently "dry wall" is popular with players on the Titans roster
    http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...ssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports Tennessee Titans

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

lol what was munchak before he became head coach? An average offensive line coach?

Once again, what does it matter who's on my short list? You're ridiculous argument that "I know nothing because I picked bad coaches" is hilarious because its all you got. I never said I could hire a better coach than Munchak. ITS NOT MY JOB TOO GUY! LOL! It's irrelevant who I said off the top of my head, why do you keep bringing it up?

I just said Munchak sucks, he does, and he did a bad job this season, he did.

9-7 cupcake schedule (can we even count the last win?), terrible replay decisions/challenges, played matt hasselbeck in a game that he had no business playing in and costed us our season, lost to the 0-13 Colts and Jaguars, Doesn't get the team ready to play as they came out flat week in and week out, and he has no confidence.

Where in there did I say I know everything about coaching and I should be granted the power to hire our next HC? lol, so stop acting like I did.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

MM definatly should be better.

Look at the HCs in the division and MM looks pretty real good

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If you had any semblance of credibility before, you sure as hell don't now.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

says the guy who can't spell "now" correctly....:sad2:

Next year will be the true test for Munchak. Peyton will be back (we think), Houston will be healthy and won't GIVE him a win, the schedule looks tougher. No more lockout excuses for the o-line or any other factor of this team for that matter.

If he can produce a winning season next year, I'll give him some credit. But I doubt he can despite the talent this team has. We'll see..

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

there will be 20+ new Titans in 2012

Clearly Im guessing but there were like 30 guys that signed 1 year deals last season. Im betting most wont be back in 2012. Add in the draft and there you go.

At this point it is just guessing about the talent of the Titans.

Guess you could look at the QBs in the division. All 4 teams have ?s

Im just gonna wait till draft / TC before I start declaring talent levels for the 2012 TItans

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You are going to add 30 guys to the roster and not call it a rebuilding season? Us fans are tired of "rebuilding seasons" Seems like we've been rebuilding since 2003.... and 08 was just a fluke year because 13-3 means nothing when we can't win a playoff game at home... and what happens after haynesworth leaves after that season.. we are back to rebuilding.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

??

I didnt say it wasnt / wont be. There were like 20+ rookies and 1 year contracts on the 2011 roster plus a handful of guys contract expired making about 30 FAs

'only' 20ish were new too the team in 2011

My guess it that there will be 15-20 new faces in 2012. Which is slightly more than normal but it tis what it tis.

Reloading Erick Reloading

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

They just need to rename this team.... The Tennessee LPs... because we are always Rebuilding

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Resorting to spelling smack on a message board? You've reached a new low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar