Munchak says Fitzpatrick likely starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Fitz lost me last week when we were down by three and after the kickoff he decided to throw a deep ball to shermans side to top it all off the pass was intended for Nate Washington so there is no justifying that throw.

2. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Besides throwing it on his side, the pass was was real short. Nate could've been a better defender than what he attempted. No excuses though, Fitz should've thrown a better pass or to another wr.

3. TitansWillWin2

I could justify it if it was too britt or hunter, but not to nate one of the shortest wr's on our team who cant really jump that high.

4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

You crack my sh!+ up. Nate has ups and is the most reliable Wr we have.
    [​IMG]

The crime is that it was an intended long ball from a noodle armed QB to one of the best CBs in the league. Poor QB choice, and if the play called for that throw, which I wouldn't be surprised, poor play calling.

5. TitansWillWin2

He's not one of the best jump ball guys we have. In fact he'd be the last person I threw a jump ball too.

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I agree with you there, but I'm not positive it was ever intended to be a jump ball. It became a jump ball when Fitz threw it because he is Fitz and can't really throw that long. I think your point would be valid if that throw was done from the 10 yard line into the end zone.

Again, why that play was called and the decision to attempt that long ball was made is beyond me.

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

This notion of Locker being "100% healed" just after the bye is unrealistic. That knee and the hip will be a nagging injury that bothers him the rest of the season, and he will just have to toughen up and show his metal. We have to remember that this is HIS season to show who and what he is, and his play the first 3 games may not be enough to convince the new coaching staff next year (barring we make the playoffs) to not go in a different direction at QB.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Schwenke can't help Levitre with his cut blocks, so its on more than just Schwenke to improve the run game.

9. TitansWillWin2

Not true at all. The play didnt even look that bad. I'm still not sure how he even injured his knee on that play. Regardless a month is plenty of time to heal up from that.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No doubt. But center is still a big piece of the puzzle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar