Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Munchak confident, Tommy Smith declines comment

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Dec 29, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 11 users.
  1. titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Casey
    Moolah:
    $6,811
    Good post man, like what you said. I too don't want him, but at the same time i see how it makes sense to bring him back.

Only thing I am against is Locker. He's just too injury at this point and while his accuracy is definitely better, I still don't see him as a guy who can put the team on his shoulders.
  2. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,930
    Don't make the playoffs. .. check

Win the last two pointless games against division foes who are fighting for draft position which in turn more than likely ruins our chances of getting a stud. .. check

Munch likely back... check

Damn it feels good to be a titans fan.
    CalgaryTitansFan and TheSureThing high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,406

Yeah, too much of a risk for a coach going into a make or break season.
  3. Gut Starter

Moolah:
    $1,037
    I think they have already decided to keep Munch...BUT...

It appears it won't be without some changes to the coaching staff. So this discussion may be because Munch would have to agree to certain changes to be made to stay. He may or may not which might be why they haven't come out publicly to say they are keeping him.

How about Gary Kubiak as OC and Gregg Williams as DC? Let THEM bring in the position coaches they want. They are proven to be very good coaches in this league! Just need to spend the money!
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,506
    I don't know. The Titans D has really underachieved at times this season. The huge step backwards of the LBs is a major concern. I didn't see much outside of Casey on the DL and even he had issues standing up to the run.

Maybe Williams was limited in his influence. We know he didn't hire the position coaches. It makes it hard to determine how much of this defense was his.

If Munch stays, why ask Locker to learn an entirely new offense by changing Loggains? If the plan is to move from Locker, then Kubiak would be a solid option.
  4. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,417
    Do you really see top-notch coordinators wanting to come here on one-year deals to work for a lame duck HC? I don't.