Munchak confident, Tommy Smith declines comment

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

days

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

Please Penn State take the Munch

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't like being the one to always be the one that told you guys so.

Just happens too often.

Just kidding, I like it. Kind of.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Or... we don't need to wait.

5. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

The fact that they are waiting until Friday (like that is some kind of special day, wtf ?) tells me Munch isn't going anywhere. Sucks, but I'd pretty much bet the ranch on it at this point... Hope I am wrong but the fact that there are NO actual or credible leaks that he is done "per sources" makes me think they are just getting the PR machine cranked up to sell Munch's Last Stand to the fans that still give a rats a**...

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think Munchak is going to be back. I don't like it, but I'm not FURIOUS.

It'd be great if he keeps Williams as DC. Wyatt thinks Loggains is a good coach. I really respect Wyatt's opinions. We did improve this year. The average score of our losses was 24-23. Much better than last seasons nightmare blowouts time and time again. Also, 7 of our 9 losses came vs teams with 10+ wins (Ind 2x, Arz, SF, Sea, KC & Den)..Rome wasn't built in a day.

The players also seem to love Munchak. That says a lot. Players didn't quit and they clearly respect him and enjoy his coaching. Now players aren't going to say they want their coach fired in public but they're really lobbying for him -- means they truly like him.

A healthy Locker would have made a difference. Now I know we can't bank on him being healthy all year next year, but he deserves another chance. We need to be better prepared. Fitzy needs to be cut and we need to bring in a better Qb either via the first 3 rounds of the draft or FA.

It's not the end of the world if Munch is back. I believe this team can be a 10-11 win team under him. More changes are needed though. We have holes to fill at DE, RT & LB (perhaps QB, S & RB too depending on Locker, Pollard & CJ) He also needs to fire Matthews as OL coach, and the LB and ST coaches as well.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

To Munch or not to Munch, that is the question.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If he starts now, we might find out next year.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Munch will more than likely be back. It's pretty telling that...

1. The players have his back. Haven't seen one interview with a player that threw him under the bus or complained about Munch specifically. The team didn't quit late in the season either, most complaints went in another direction (see Pollard about DC position).

2. Decision comes later in the week. Unless Smith is really old school and wants to take as much time as possible and meet with as many in the FO as possible about the HC position then I just don't see how he's fired. If he was, his mind would have already been made up. It's also his first year in ownership, probably doesn't want to go through a major shake up anyway.

and imo as much as I want him gone it's really hard to tell how this team would be if Locker could've just stayed healthy the entire year. Let's say Williams becomes the DC and we upgrade the coaches at LB and OL and it's going to get difficult to complain about the off season moves. I still want him gone, tired of mediocrity but these are the reasons why I think he stays.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Know what would be hilarious/depressing/trolololol?

Hired James Franklin and drafted Johnny Manziel. I couldn't hate it because I would just laugh my pain away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar