Munchak and the Titans on NFL Total Access tonight

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Mallett or Locker for me. Mallett can start right away whereas Locker would be better sitting a year but has bigger upside.

9th Qb in the draft, gimmie a break. Time for some on here to watch some film.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Films been watched my man, my reasons for having him so low isn't because I don't think he's good, but because of the flags. He's not good enough IMO to shake off the bad rumors the way Nick Fairley and Cam Newton are. The juice is not worth the squeeze in Mallett's case. If the character flaws are there, we'll be kicking ourselves for drafting another hoodlum. Money only makes you more of what you are, if Mallett is indeed a coke head, his signing bonus will go up his nose, and we'll be going thru this sooner rather than later (again).

3. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

Mallett was the #1 QB that i wanted us to take, until I started hearing the rumors about him. Then I changed my mind because I really do not think we need to head down that road again. Espically if Britt keeps up his shenanigans.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Keep Vince Young.

Draft defense with our first 3 picks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

It's a building process. If there isn't a quality QB, no need in forcing the issue. We won't be a contender this season, so suppose we CAN get a QB in the offseason or in the 2012 draft, it'd be nice to drop him into a situation with CJ Britt AJ Green and Jared Cook with a better defense and OLine and all +1 year of experience for the 2012 season. QB is a huge priority, number one priority, but if there isn't one worth spending a great pick on, building a squad for our eventual franchise QB isn't a bad idea at all...

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

100% agree. Ask the Panthers how taking Clausen in the 2nd has worked out thus far.

I'd say focus on getting Julio Jones, AJ Green or even Mark Ingram to build an offense for a new QB next year unless Gabbert available at #8. If Locker available at #8 then shop the pick down no more than 8 spots (and pick up additional 2nd or 3rd to use/trade for quality OL/DL pick in the 2nd to have plus Locker).

If Locker not there at 10-15 then I'm sure Jones or Ingram would be. Ingram/CJ/Britt/Cook would make it VERY easy for an intelligent rookie QB like Luck in '12 to come in and learn. (I believe we'd be lucky to get 5-7 wins next year.) Use our high 2nd pick on DE/DT.

I just don't want us to waste another top 10 pick overall on medium talent.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Those saying we don't need a QB will be disappointed. Munch is a new coach. The one thing most new coaches look for is an established QB. We lack one, so he will get one. WHich is why is got palmer. To groom a rookie. If we resign KC, GOd Forbid, look for the rookie to see the field soon.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We've got Vince on the roster. Regardless of if we draft a rookie or not we need to keep Vince if we're gonna have any shot at competing next year.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

As much as I hate to say it. With CJ coming up on his contract year and Tennessee being as cheap as they are Ingram might work out for the best. If nothing else we would have a much more consistent running game.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Playing a Javon Ringer going into his 3rd NFL season is the same thing as drafting Mark Ingram next week. IMO it's not the best use of our picks.

Ingram is going to be a special player similar I think to Emmitt Smith. He just needs some luck and go to a team with good blocking and an established passing attack. Not too much to hope for, but us getting him wont be good for either party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar