Moving to M'Boro - Advice?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by xpmar9x, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Better sooner than later though. If you're gonna do it you should do it before they get in school. Or if they're already in school, do it before middle school.

You're welcome... not that you need advice from a single, childless dude though.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So the egg is moving to Tn...

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Imagine a sleepy, bucolic college town. Then, build a completely new town around it, complete with a mall or two, and every big box store and chain restaurant you can imagine.

Of course, every one moves to this new town, leaving the old one to decay into a decrepit ghetto.

Of course, the brain trust of this town is minimal , so traffic planning has been atrocious.

Nightlife? There are two or three decent bars. That's it.

It's saving grace is that it is only 30 miles from Nashville.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I think the reason traffic is bad is because MTSU exploded and then so did the city. Grew too much too fast, and in the really congested places there's not really any place to expand the roads because of businesses.. but I guess that's poor planning years ago.

I think the main factor is how fast MTSU exploded.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Yep.

It's an ok town though. I like it- outside of the ridiculous amount of cops and the court system/tickets/etc being out to rob everyone.

There's 1 cop per 5 citizens. Was just talking about it on the way home.

Literally- every main street I turned down, I saw at least one cop. Ridiculous.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yeah, but since it's virtually impossible to speed in Murfreesboro anyway, it's not so bad.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

pssshhh... virtually impossibly by azz.

Maybe if you're on a bicycle.

Otherwise- you're getting a speeding ticket.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yep as I've said in the past...

I spend .0001% of my time in the Boro, yet I've been pulled over twice and issued massive speeding tickets both times... Never in my entire life have I even been pulled over other than in Rutherford county - where I spend no time at all.

F that. If I get another ticket there again, I'm boycotting the county and will take the long way to Knoxville if I have to. I don't care.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Ive gotten 4 tickets in my life. 2 in Nashville on Antioch pike and only 1 in the boro. The other was in Murray county in case anyone cares.

My wife has had 2 tickets. One in Australia and 1 in the boro buy a trooper on 840 so eeeh

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I can't speak to the Boro now. But I lived there for awhile about 10 years ago and enjoyed it. I liked that it was a good sized town where you could always find something to do, yet it wasn't overly crowded/congested like some major metropolitan areas. But judging from some of the posts in this thread that might not be the case anymore. Still, I'd say it's a fun town and at least you'll be a reasonably short drive from LP field. It's no Chicago. But that's not entirely a bad thing IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar