Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 13 users.
  1. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $12,462
    The dinner table scene was pretty awesome.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,484
    Don't mess with Grizzlies. Just don't.

Oh and speaking of Grizzlies..
    [IMG]
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,211
    just saw a trailer for World War Z

I will definatly buy
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,484
    Ugh, WWZ looks like another sad WillSmith Am Legend CGI zombie snoozer made for casual zombie fans..
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,312
    casual zombie fans...?
  2. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,675
    You know CC, he is such an elitist. REAL zombie fans have tasted human flesh.
    Scarecrow and Gunny high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,484
    The kind that are all about zombie walks but have no idea who George Romero is..
    Same ones that can't differentiate the BS from the RS.
  3. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,127
    I learned about him in my History of Film class, crazy dude. I was disappointed when I saw the WWZ trailer, I was hoping for Walking Dead-esque zombies, not I Am Legend superhuman zombies -- WWZ appears to be I Am Legand 2.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,484
    I've simply been a fan of good honest horror since being a wee young'n. There are films that are made for folks like me and there are films that are made for folks who don't really care about horror at all - but just want a big, silly cgi-fest with lots of explosions and buzz culture like, ahem.. zombies... WWZ definitely falls under that category.

I can't speak for him but it appears Gunny is pretty allegiant to the video game and comic culture. Should I assume that a co'oped anime version of say Batman or Iron Man version would as good as the current live action movies in his eyes? I suspect he would call BS on it..
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,484

It appears that they are using the same CGI folk as the most recent I Am Legend rather than the go-to zombie FX team of Nicotero/Kurtzman. That's telling...
    The ultimate irony is that I Am Legend (Matheson) is the original, greatest zombie tale of all and Romero totally copped that story for Night of The Living Dead.
    To date no version of I Am Legend (under any of its various names) has done justice to the book..