More rest, more sacks for Wimbley?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

interesting. See what happens in the next week
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Yea, we dont play for another 13 days, but we should know before that who our 1st team is.
  3. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

See. Something happened to where the coaches aren't throwing Campbell in like last year, He couldn't have gotten worse...

Why force him in during mini camps and now back to the bench in training camp?
  5. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

Yea, I feel you. I'm curious to see if the coaches are just keeping things open though as well or if its a clean cut winner/loser here. Its a good thing to watch closely for the next week or so. Maybe they felt Campbell showed his entire hand in mini camp and they are trying to get Verners confidence back just in case.

There was very little negativity in the campbell camp though so its really an odd turn of events.
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Lets pretend for a minute that Campbell totally sucks, can't be trusted to play.. You think we'd hear about it in mini camps? No way. Coaches stay positive to keep the confidence level from dropping.

Im thinking there's a good chance Campbell never was anything more than a 6'3" 4.3 speed guy they were praying just caught on.

I mean it makes sense to push the CB thats 4-inches taller than everyone else at CB and runs 4.3 forties
  7. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

8. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

CB Tommie Campbell took first-team snaps ahead of Alterraun Verner and made a nice play on a Locker pass, knocking it away from WR Justin Hunter. Via http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130726/SPORTS01/130726035?nclick_check=1

So....