More excitement after a loss?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I was really excited to see Locker in the game. I think he's better for the team right now than Hasselbeck because he has the ability to extend drives with his mobility and elusiveness similar to VY early on. I think Locker alone makes our offense 7-10 points better and with Kenny coming back and CJ back to form we could have a dangerous offense next year.

I was less worried about our defense but I'm glad to see them continue to play well. A lot of people forget that we played without McCourty one of the best passing teams in the league and still held our own. With another draft and our younger players improving we could once again have a dominant defense.

People thought I was crazy when I predicted we'd have 10+ wins before the season started but even with a key injury we're knocking on the door of 10 wins.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

This game actually gave us something to look forward to.

Locker looks like he may actually be a QB for us. And we were right there with a playoff team (a good one at that)

Losing to a quality opponent when you are actually in a position to win, is a lot different than the /facepalms against Houston and Pit.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I was excited because of how well Locker played...but bummed for a day or two...would have felt less so if we had been beat by 21...I think.

I will feel nothing but despair if we don't take the Colts down.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Tennessee 43 - prancing ponies 0

5. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

My excitement came from thinking that surely Locker had showed enough that the coach would start him for sure against the Colts. In my mind, if Hasselbeck had gotten hurt at the start of the second instead of the end then we win that game.

Unfortunately, Fisher, err , Munchak gave his "starter doesn't lose his job to injury" speech afterwards. Now I'm ok for the Colts game but then I've got to hope Hasselbeck has to leave the game early enough in the next two games so that we have a chance to win out. I don't hold out much hope for this and feel bad for thinking this way. Hopefully there is no question next year that Locker is our qb now and for the future.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

MH has a calf and those can be ugly.

Im hoping JL gets starter snaps in pratice, maybe that way his first read wont be MM

7. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I also said 9 or 10 wins and people thought I was crazy. This team is only 3 years out from the best record in the NFL. KFC ruined our season 2 years ago when we started 0-6 and VY showed the real talent on this team when he came in and we were 8-2 with him, and VY ruined last year, but we started 5-2. The team just quit when VY had his freak out. We have had a very good team the past couple of years, but looked a lot worse due to extenuating circumstances.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

manual high five

damn shame Nate couldn't be on the field for that final play

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Is Nate going to be gtg come Sunday?

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

SUre as hell hope So

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar