MM is actually considering the PSU job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan1207, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Seriously, what is everyone's dislike for Palmer? All I keep hearing is passing league, passing league... What are we doing?

Of course he has tried to be balanced but the run game has some serious problems... Wanna just feed Johnson the ball 356 more times in a year fisher style? Sure he'll have more yards..maybe?

Please explain what you want to can him for, I'm interested in hearing these excuses.

2. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

I think Palmer should take the PSU job. And maybe he can take Amano with him as a water boy or something. There's 2 moves im perfectly ok with.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Glad this drama seems to be ending...

As far as Palmer, I'm willing to give him another season before I judge him. He didn't have much time this off-season (if you want to call it that) to help this offense gel. The offense is always slower coming around than the defense. For those that played, think about the 1st defense vs. offense scrimmage. The defense makes a ton of plays while the offense tries to work out the kinks with timing, spacing, etc.

Also, he lost his #1 WR, was dealing with a new QB, had his star RB holding out, and had a terrible O-Line to work with. Hardly the recipe for success.

Our offense was explosive enough to hang with the Saints. I think Locker starting could be enough to turn our mediocre offense into something special. Whether he trust Locker with a different gameplan, or Locker is just executing the gameplan better,... the offense didn't look stagnant at all when Locker has played this season.

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Those of you who are questioning how good of a coach Munchak is or will be because of who he hired as his coordinators don't realize that we have Palmer because Fisher left late. If Fish had decided earlier that he was leaving Munch would have had a bigger pool to choose his OC from, back when there were a lot of candidates out there that hadn't been hired. From what I understand even with the people who were left, Palmer was his 3rd choice. He had to take what he could get. If Fisher had left immediately after the season like he should have we'd have a different OC.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

We sent three requests to talk to other coordinators.... Must of which were denied. You people act like we are 1-15 under palmers offense.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Maybe I missed it, but what other offensive line coach went from that to head coach? In most cases you go from O-Line to offensive coordinator, to something else somewhere else, then you get a NFL head coaching gig.

7. JCBRAVE

I can say this much. If Munchak does in deed leave for PSU, then he doesn't believe in himself and should be out of TN.

8. JCBRAVE

Here's my grip with the guy. Munchak allows him to rule the offense 1st, 2nd & 3rd down without any involvement. Munchak values Palmer a little too much if you ask me. And while Palmer may know football, he's not finding a constant flow of plays to keep our offense rolling.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Someone should of cut you off last night....

When you grow up you have something called a dream job, and more often than not your career doesn't wind up the way you picture it sometimes for better. If you're ever given a chance to get that dream job down the line though, it's hard to pass up. Doesn't matter what scandal happened. Maybe he wants to succeed Joe Paterno?

If this is Munchak's dream job, I'm not sure if it is I thought I read somewhere it was, he'll at least give it consideration once the season's over.

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Tom Cable and Mike Tice.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar