MLB Postseason Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I've written off the Rays since day 1. I knew they were frauds and they're showing it. .5 Runs a game? Pathetic. They are a good regular season team but frauds in the playoffs.

Meanwhile the Reds blew that one real bad. Stage is too big for them.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Giants should take that series. Better pitching and better offense, they blew that game against them last night. Meanwhile Tampa finally decided to show up. I guess they have just enough pride to not be swept.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hmmm... Tampa tied at 2-2.

:) As I said... bit early to write them off. Wouldn't have anything to do with them winning the AL East, would it?

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I've still written them off. No chance they beat Cliff Lee in a put away game.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Gonna be a good game. Price has really come into his own this year. Looking forward to the pitching matchup. Think I'm gonna be rooting hard for the Rangers. but I like Price more than I like Lee from a personal standpoint.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea Tampa = Frauds. You have the best record in baseball and can't make it out of the first round or win a home game? Pathetic. For the record I was 4/4 in the playoff series predictions. Damn I'm good.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

You cannot be a "fraud" (whatever that means) and make the playoffs in MLB. It has far more games than any other major sport, and fewer playoff teams. Because of that, only the best of the best make the playoffs, and therefore cannot be "frauds". The 5 game series is a joke IMO, because like we saw, and have seen before, one tough pitcher can be the difference in the series. Over the course of a season, or even winning a seven game series, it takes more than just one top tier picture to earn a playoff spot or eventually win the series. The Rays were as good as anyone in the AL this year. They had the best overall record and best road record in the AL. Losing a competitive 5 game series to a team with a pitcher who could potentially end up being one of the great post season pitchers of all time, doesn't take away from the fact that they were as good as anyone in the AL over the course of a 162 games.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

In other words they're frauds. Tampa is built for the regular season but doesn't have the talent to win a championship. Their pitching is either too young to just average, it works in the in the regular season not the post season. Their offense is too inconsistent which also doesn't work well in the playoffs. Even worse, their best offensive player is like a .195 hitter in the post season that being Evan Longoria. Course nobody seems to even notice that.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

What a joke. One, what does "built for the regular season" even mean? Baseball is a pretty simple game, you pitch it, hit it, catch it, and run the bases. What changes between the regular season and postseason that makes a team built for the regular season, and not for the postseason? Secondly, they were in the world series just 2 seasons ago, so they have had recent post season success.

And by your logic, you would have to concede that the 02, 05, 06, and 07 Yankees were frauds. They won the division each of those years (over 100 wins in 2 of those seasons), and were bounced in the ALDS each time. Are you consistent enough in your ridiculous thought process to concede that those Yankee teams were frauds? Or are you going to be a hypocrite and make up some ridiculous reason that they were different?

And just for the record, what actually makes a team a "fraud"? Is everyone but the WS champion a fraud? Everyone bounced in the opening round? You are the only person I have ever heard refer to a post season baseball team as a "fraud", so I am trying to figure out this logic.

And to add, Longoria might only be hitting .195 in post season, but he has hit 7HRs (4 in one ALCS in which he hit .259) and he has drivin in 15 runs, and scored 12 runs in 21 post season games. Despite the avg, which is that low mainly because he struggled this series, that is pretty solid production.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar