MLB Baseball 09 Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Way to address my post. YOu can be done with me all you wish, but I have quite clearly laid out my opinions. If you disagree, that is great. So go ahead and be done with me, if I dont agree with you I have no problem letting you know that. If you cant handle someone disagreeing with you and not patting you on the back, then you probably dont need to have a discussion with me anyway.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

You keep bringing up playoffs, stop doing that because I'm talking about the regular season. My God are you blind? Do I need to type in brail?

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Life is rough for a Yanks fan.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

But that isnt a reality when discussing Yankee baseball. They didnt get rid of Joe Torre because of his regular seasons, they got rid of him because the Yankees havent done anything in the playoffs in years. You are the only Yankee fan I have ever seen who defines a player by his regular seasons. But thats fine, you can do as you wish, but dont act like I am out of bounds when I promise you that 9/10 Yankees fans would agree with me in this discussion.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Your the only one bringing up the playoffs when talking about A Rod, I'm talking regular season only you can't seem to comprehend that.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Excuse me, but I made a comment about A-Rod that you then commented on. So dont respond to something I said, and then act as if you get to define the parameters of the conversation. It doesnt work that way. You can talk about the regular season all you want to, and yes, I do think he has a down year. Besides that, I dont think he handles scrutiny well, and I dont care what his regular season #s have been in the past. Again, there is a difference in teeing off on the Royals or A's in April or May when nobody is watching, than there is in coming through during the stretch run or in October. So if you think he is clutch because he has been referred to as Mr. April in the past, then by all means, go with that. But that idea isnt reality in the world of Yankee baseball.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If he's not clutch in the regular season than why the MVP awards?

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Because baseball is a stat driven sport. He is certainly a great player, nobody is saying other wise. I just dont equate big #s with necessarily being clutch. Again, do you think Peyton Manning is a clutch QB? Because by your logic, he would have to be right? Despite the fact he has a history of let downs in the post season, he has certainly been a great regular season QB with great stats.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

In 07 A Rod hit .333 with RISP so apparently he is clutch in the regular season.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Great. Nobody is arguing he isnt a great player. But I guarantee that if you bring up A-Rod being clutch to a diehard Yankee fan you will get laughed at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar