Mike Munchak a strong believer in QB Rusty Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

... A lot of Titans WRs think Rusty is starting material. It's actually funny to hear them talk about it, because you think it's a joke. But they mean it, and might be right.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

As crazy as what the Raiders did last year for a backup QB.

It's crazy... but it DOES happen in the NFL.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

No. Those are not the same thing at all. Palmer was 31, not a backup and the Raiders were still making stupid decisions.

Best the Titans could possibly hope to get for Hasselbeck is a 3rd. And if there were any teams that would willing to give that up for him, he would have been traded already.

The Cardinals traded a 2nd rounder for Kolb and it blew up in their face. Now they are going to trade a 1st for a guy who probably only has 1-2 years left in the tank? It's absolutely ridiculous to think that.

4. Stan

Stan Infinite

In Hass's defense though he's still been around the game. Palmer has never been the same since that knee injury and for some reason people still think he's going to return to form eventually. Not happening. And Hass needs to stay with us. Not just cause he's by far the best backup in the league, but he's going to be a great mentor to Locker and is an incredible human being to have in our locker room.

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

As the season moves on and BOTH QBs show that they suck... if available, they might be willing to go for a proven player like Hass.

The Raiders went for Palmer on into the season when they realized they were screwed at QB.

Ok, so Palmer wasn't a backup here in Cincy... but he wasn't playing and would possibly had to compete with Dalton for the start. Frankly, it could have been earily similar to what we had this season.

All I'm saying is that if something like that were offered... would you not kump on it?

I guarantee, GUARANTEE, no one saw what Oakland did coming last season. Had someone brought it up, that would be considered a pretty dumb move... yet, it happened.

Besides, only relevant if neither QB is any good at Arizona.

Desparate times...

6. TorontoTitanFan

If it helps you sleep at night, keep telling yourself it's a possibility.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Interesting idea. I'd have to pull the trigger if I could get a 2nd rounder and a conditional 4-5th for Hass. Barring injury, Hass will only provide Locker with a bit further tutelage and that's about it. The trade would free up a roster spot for other area of need in case of another team's roster casualties or keep someone on our own squad for whom we otherwise wouldn't have room.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RTH

RTH Meh...

I find ot humorous that nobody has responded to the question of whether they'd go for a trade on par with what Oakland did for Palmer last season. That's all I care about.

Do I think this will happen? Probably not... but I'm also not hiding my head in the sand that something like that could happen with any team scrambling to get a QB like Hass.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Thank you.

10. TorontoTitanFan

Of course everyone would.

I would trade Hasselbeck if I could get back a 3rd or higher. It's not gonna happen, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar