Mike Mayock's position-by-position rankings

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I respect everyone's thought about the secondary, but we need to improve the DL before the secondary. I understand this has been discussed before. I rather have a dangerous, getting pressure to the QB every play and a shotty secondary than the line we had this past season and improved secondary. Sorry for the run-on sentences.

If we did get a decent secondary and below average DL, we would still get ran all over. Our secondary will be involved in all the tackles (not a good thing). If you get ran over and over, it opens the passing game even more. We would be in the same boat next year in the draft, drafting a DL. I say go ahead and make that move for FA DL if possible (Mario please....) or draft best DE/DT available.

Making a long story short... let's improve the DL first then the secondary.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think I'm drinking the Jerel Worthy koolaid along with Mayock. Three weeks before the draft and I think I've finally settled on a d-line prospect who I'd be confident in if we drafted him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HE6JeJgYvY"]Jerel Worthy vs Ohio State - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RmnbaMcdmI"]Jerel Worthy vs Georgia - YouTube[/ame]

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

He's a great prospect but I think we could get him or Brandon Thompson in the 2nd. Great value there. I'd be happy with either.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I like his hustle for a guy who's 300 lbs. In that UGA game you see him busting it after Murray to the sidelines in the second OT.

Plus, we'd have Jurrell and Jerel in the middle of our defensive line :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar