Mike Heimerdinger admits that Lavelle Hawkins "wasn't ready to play"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I recall 3 years in a row that he made it to the NFC Championship game and lost each one.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Eh, I don't see that as much different from Mac9. They both have lost one Superbowl. They both won one championship game. McNair made 5 playoffs, 4 with Titans, 1 with Ravens.

That said, McNabb's postseason play must be better. So you all are probably right. Their career stats are eerily similar right now. McNabb will likely greatly surpass the numbers in the next few seasons.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

McNair had some pretty mediocre seasons under center. McNabb has been insanely consistent... you can't really fault him for all of those championship losses. He is the face of that franchise whether he understands simple rules of the game or not.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Yeah, but top 10:

usually means superstar.

Whatever you think of McNair, I think it's safe to say that neither Collins or Young are anywhere close to as good as Mac was.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I also don't think either of them have that 'Brett Favre' type toughness/tenacity that Mac9 has.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Billy Volek's first 8 games were better than any qb in the history of the game. His rating was higher than Montana, Elway, and the whole lot of qb's. He was unequaled. And yet, nobody on the Titans seemed to care. To date his rating is still above 85. He's a starter in this league.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's 4 WR draft choices we have had in 2 years that were not ready.

Maybe we will do better drafting one in rd 1..

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Mac9 got replaced by VY. whats does that tell you?

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

A WR not ready to play in their 1st season is pretty much the norm.Those that can play straight away are rare.

I think any new job that you do is hard until you get to the point where you no longer have to think about what it is that you need to be doing before doing it.Once things come naturally with practice then the players physical skills start to shine.

I didn't take it as a major knock on Hawkins by Heimerdinger.Just the facts as they were last season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar