Mike Evans Anyone??

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewHorizans, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Man, titans1839 is even older than Alex1939!

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

thats not alex's 2nd account?

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

This is locker's last year in TN, unless he has a Pro-Bowl year.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Which is possible.

All you have to do to have a Pro Bowl year is start hot the first 7-8 games. Voting opens week-8 and everyone votes then mostly.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If he could stretch together 7-8 solid games in a row, uninjured and unsucky, then I would be perfectly pleased with that.
    No reason to believe it will happen, but I certainly would be pleased.

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Jake will NOT have a pro bowl year...That is hilarious! Thank you for the comedy hahaha. Unless he learned to A) Stay injury free B) Become more accurate, and C) Become more consistent. I don't see him putting it all together in one offseason. I am not trying to be a douche, just being honest. I like him, but I don't think he is the future, and I don't think Whiz and co. do either.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Hunter is still probably a year away. By that point Nate is an FA. And all these guys are very different even though he is the same height as Hunter. We do not have a WR on the roster who can be that Physical over the middle guy. Evans would give us that type of WR. Plus it is not unheard of to use a 3 WR set as basically your base offense.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

essentially add or subtract a tight end or fullback.

Ask yourself, would you rather have Stephens/Thompson or Mooney on the field instead of Evans?

There is your answer.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

We have a better chance of landing a guy like Evans or Ebron than we do of addressing the QB position in any definitive way at #11 this season. We know Bortles and probably Manziel will be gone before we pick. Would you rather take a flyer on Carr/ Bridgewater of take a deadly offensive weapon with no red flags like Evans or Ebron?

I'm also not too worried about having a "log jam" at WR. We make fun of the Lions for taking all those receivers but what if they decided to stop after the 2nd WR they took? Oh yeah, they wouldn't have the best player on their team and probably the best WR in the league. It's not BPA if you pass on the most talented guy available because he's not a need. Aside from a guy like Barr (and it's looking more and more like he won't be there) or Gilbert (who I don't exactly love) I can't think of a much better use for our #11 pick. #11 is a great spot to take a difference making wide out or TE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar