Microsoft is evil

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

JUST SO WE KNOW......

MIcrosoft doesn't stand to profit from this
    if anything, they stand to lose more money in RROD claims (as I pointed out earlier, almost every 360 in existence should still be covered under the 3yr RROD warranty)
  2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I would tend to agree. This isn't some evil, conspiring ploy by Microsoft to grift consumers. Just a gross design flaw somewhere that has yet to be completely fixed.
  3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

4. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

If the article I posted is true - and by no means am I saying it is (and wouldn't put it beyond some fanboy BS) - and Microsoft knew, why would they release it? They've lost, what, 1.6 billion in warranty issues with RROD already?

They've really dropped the ball on this hardware issue - which, as Kami said, is the only real problem with the console itself - but releasing something they knew would happen has to make you wonder?

Maybe they just want to send out more consoles and claim they have the lead?
  5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Why buy a scaled down computer as a game console?
  6. Gunny

Don't have to upgrade, don't have to install. You know the game will work as soon as you pop it in.
  7. Gunny

I wonder if Microsoft will enter a XBOX 720 or pull out.
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Why use a computer for gaming?
  9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

more processing power, more ram, more hd... more and better, well, everything. PC games are superior to console games from the ground up, period. This is not a fanboy post either. I am not a pc gamer guy. I'm barely a console guy... but seriously... high end computers built for gaming are far superior to consoles in every facet.
  10. Gunny

Indeed they are, the unfortunate thing is you spend a fortunate upgrading every 2 years.

eg. The game Crysis you need top end everything to have it running at the best settings and it will cost you an arm and a leg to upgrade.

Consoles last approx 7 years (give or take pending the system) and you never have to upgrade, every game will work. You just trade in a little in terms of graphic power (though Killzone 2 and God of War 3 might change that)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.