Michigan players improve stock. (Hart/Manningham)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

UT wouldn't get crushed by App. State, Michigan just overlooked the Mountaineers and are paying dearly to the day.

I find it hard to believe that someone in their right mind would select Mario Manningham over Braylon Edwards.

Edwards is faster, more athletic and has better hands.

He's also the leader in career receptions, single season receptions, career yards, single season yards, and career touchdowns at your beloved U of M.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_Michigan_Wolverines_football_receiving_leaders

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Gloat, your reallly really really being delusional about all this. To say Manningham is a good ball player is one thing. Saying UT would get beat by App State is another. Michigan was bad this year....thats the truth. They normally are very good, but not this year. I would rather have D Jackson, but I would not be mad if we drafted Manningham. I think we are going to go after C J or Felix Jones

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Because Mario is better. Trust. I've followed both. And yes, UT would lose to App State. They're terrible against the spread just like Michigan is. But at least Mich could shut down Florida's spread while UT gave up 59 points to them. If you cant handle the spread, it'll kill you. Especially week 1.

Braylon played for 4 years. And had 1,231 yards more than Mario. He's slower than Mario, didn't run as good of routes, and his hands are NOT as good, so I don't know who lied to you there. Braylons weakness was that he dropped easy passes too often.

4. Deuce Wayne

And newsflash - UT WAS BAD THIS YEAR TOO!! OMG! Who knew??!

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Yea man, if App State can beat Michigan, they can beat anyone. It must be that they are a powerhouse and not that Michigan just didn't show up. So they can't get anyone to schedule them??? That's funny, because they seem to be opening next season against LSU. Of course, that must mean that LSU is a nobody as well, especially next to the almighty Michigan Wolverines.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Dude, he got 4.38 on his own track while being clocked by a guy from the Detroit media. Every other indifferent (if not more credible) source has him listed slower than that. What do you think all that means? Do you honestly think that he ran a 4.38? Even if he did, does that in any change his performance at the combine (when he had an equal playing field with everyone else)?

And yes, the people that use phrases such as "the speed of the SEC", or this conference is faster than this conference are just idiots. Follow high school recruiting. Fast players go to all of the top conferences. There is no region of our country that magically produces biologically superior human beings.

And yes, the Big 10 has a pretty good conference top to bottom. Easily in the top 3 conferences at least. But the SEC has been the best for the last couple years, I'd wager.

7. Deuce Wayne

Yeah! That's exactly what I said!!

8. Deuce Wayne

Did you or anyone else actually watch Manningham's 40's though? He clearly isn't a sprinter. In both 40s during the combine he had terrible starts and choppy steps. Everyone said the same thing.
    If you think he's not just as fast as Sweed, someone's spiking your kool-aid. The 40 doesn't even matter. His game speed is much faster than Sweeds. I think we can all agree on that.
    SEC is the most solid conference. They're still overrated though.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Playa, you getting pretty sensative about things here......you sure your a grown up?

10. And you might be another dillusional UT fan?? For your info i grew up in Michigan and follow them to this day but since recently playing for the Vols i know for a fact that Fulmer is too much of a chicken **** to play App state as they have asked for a chance to play at Neyland several times recently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar