Michigan players improve stock. (Hart/Manningham)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It was funny when people actually thought Manningham's stock ever dropped, but just in case, he ran a 4.38 during his pro-day showing in Ann Arbor.
    Hart didn't run the 40 to improve his 4.6 time, but he did great in other drills. I love his quote on the 40 though:

Exactly correct. This is why Manninham shouldn't have even re-ran the 40, but he knows how fickle NFL scouts are and how easily they can be wowed with a 40 time regardless of production- or lack thereof in college. (ahem - Chris Henry)
    Mike Hart is a baller. The 2nd best (by the numbers) back in the country, and 2nd best by my count that'll end up in the 2nd or 3rd round because of a sprint. A straight line that he nor McFadden will see on a football field on sunday. (by the way, the back I have above Hart is NOT McFadden.)
    This also brings up why I'm not high on Sweed. Ok, so he's faster than we thought. But is he a ball player? His numbers don't back up his 40 time. And fortunately they don't have a durability test in the combine or Sweed nor Hart would have made it. But Hart in limited time has good numbers, Sweed however doesn't. And I'm not comparing wr with rb. I'm comparing athlete vs athlete. Football player vs football player.

2. maximus

maximus Starter

I thought you were going to say that they went back and beat Appy State. How crazy of me...
    We best stay away from both of them and not because molassas ran the 40 faster than them at the combine

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

That's a great time for Manningham. I'd love to draft him

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Manningham made himself some money with that 40 time. He would have been stupid not to re-run. He might have moved himself back into the 1st round or close.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I doupt he helped his stock too much. Is it just me or has ever single players PRO day numbers been better than what they posted at the combine? Im just saying.....if it smells like fish....

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Mcshay on sunday said he ran in the 4.45 range. Not that it's a real big difference just curious where you got your info. Also it's hard to value your opinions on draft picks because you believe hart is better than mcfadden, makes it sound like you're just a homer wanting your guys to get picked.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that's not the ONLY reason he's not going in the first round. durability and size are pretty big factors too.

8. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

From The Sporting News... "A ton of NFL personnel attended Michigan's on-campus workout, not only to see offensive tackle Jake Long do positional drills, but to see whether wide receiver Mario Manningham and running back Mike Hart could redeem their shaky Combine performances, especially in the 40. Personnel men left Ann Arbor happy after Manningham turned in a strong overall workout, including a much better 40 time. (He ran in the 4.48-4.49 range on one attempt and in the 4.50-4.51 range on the second attempt.) He also showed he has the quickness, agility and athleticism to run sharp routes and pluck the ball with ease. . . ."

I won't be surprised if Manningham drops into the early to middle 2nd round. I think he will be a good player, however I don't think we'll take him in the first, and he will probably be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd. I have yet to see anyone that put his 40 time at 4.38 for his workout, all of the major sites have 4.45 to 4.51. Mind you, I think these times are fast enough, just not a 4.38.
    I would have to disagree with you on Mike Hart. I like Hart as a college player, classic hard worker, overachiever... I don't believe that he is going to be anything more than an average NFL back, if that.

9. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I like Hart. It would be sweet to pick him a later round. The guy runs hard every play. I think teams will regret passing up Mike Hart. I know of a little guy down in Jacksonville that runs with a big chip on his shoulder. Hart might be the same way.

10. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

But there's a huge difference between jones-drew and hart when it comes to running style. Jones-drew is capable of taking it to the house on any play. Mike Hart runs like Jerome Bettis without his size. I like Mike Hart a lot but I just don't think he's capable of being a above average back in the nfl. He could prove me wrong though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar