Michael Turner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

From a character standpoint? What is wrong with Cjs character?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Le’Veon Bell guys!

That's who we need at RB to spell C.J.

Reminds me of a young Eddie George.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Turner is a guy I'd consider after the draft if we still have a need for a power back and Turner is willing to play a split role. Of course he isn't the same guy he was a few years ago. My God, if he was he would be our starting RB and be expecting 7 or 8 mil a year. But he is still servicable.

But typically older vets, especially RBs like that don't get a deal until later, even into camp were a team has an injury.

4. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

How about him saying “We’re very, very, very far away,"? Count 'em, that is three verys.

Saying there would be "no bad blood" responding to a hypothetical about us releasing him?

CJ wanted out, because he didn't want to lead this team to the playoffs. He wants to be considered one of the best but then he just wants out when we're losing. It is a very bad character flaw that has contributed to our poor locker room atmosphere.

I value leading by example, but that is the last thing the Titans need right now. They need motivation, brotherhood and leaders who reach out. From the top down.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

LOL CJ not wanting to lead his team to the playoffs. Were did that come from?
    Obviously CJ isn't the most brilliant speaker and there were times when he was frustrated. But the guy really isn't that bad and NEVER did he say or even think he didn't want to lead his team to the playoffs. He might have thought it would be impossible to do so with the way the team was executing the running game.

6. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I saw that this past season in several games and I also had him on my fantasy football team so I've been tracking him all season. I just know that besides CJ, he would be the best back on the roster. Even if he was that good still, the price for him would be up and I doubt CJ would like that very much.... Turner would be a good pick up for one or two years until we draft another RB. Unless.... we go ahead and draft a RB this year, but I don't see us drafting a legitiment RB this year.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I'd rather have ringer than turner!

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

About the only thing Turner is good for now is running in to the back of his offensive line.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

C.J. can't lead any team to anything, he's not that kind of player, he relies too heavily on other factors to be good.

10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

If we draft a RB this year who is actually pretty good and takes away carries from CJ, I see CJ getting his drive again and he would start dominating again!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar