Michael Brockers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titantrusince82, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

^^^What?!?! Blackmon, Claiborne and possibly Richardson/Kalil will be on the board...no way they pass on one of them for Cox.

Still just looks much more explosive than Brockers, IMO..He was also a team captain while Brockers is leaving his team after 2 years...Still repped 26 times and ran a 5 flat while Brockers only hit it 19 times while running a 5.33(horribly slow). The stats point to Still, as well.

I really hope we get a top player(like Decastro, Coples, Barron, Kuechily, or Floyd) because there will be so much DT talent in the 2nd; Worthy, Reyes, Thompson, and Wolfe could all potentially fall to us in the 2nd. Heck, maybe Still will fall to the 2nd.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Everyone pointing to Brocker's bad combine times. The guy put on 20 pounds between the season and the combine to show he could carry the weight. Brockers played at about 300 during the season.

And lets not act like Still staying through his senior year is some noble act. The guy tore his ACL and broke his ankle, he had a lot to prove.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Jeff Fisher will take a DL guy

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

It may not be considered a noble act, but leaving your team after 2 seasons after LOSING the CHAMPIONSHIP game shows me that he just wants that paycheck, nothing else....I also pointed to a few more things than just combine numbers..

and I'm a Titan...Jeff Fisher will not pass on one of those players I mentioned for Fletcher Cox...he's good, but not that good...the only reason he's going as high as 9 is because the Panthers need a DT worse than any team in the league.

5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Unlike ya'll, I get the hate surrounding Brockers, but don't get the hate surrounding Still at all...are ya'll worried Sandusky rubbed off on him or something?!?

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

And? Everyone single one of these guys took a scholarship in hopes of getting a paycheck down the line(or in college, depending on where they went :D).

I'm not necessarily contributing to either love or hate with Brockers, I would just understand the pick. DT is a big need and Brockers has big-time potential. He's definitely far from a finished product with a lot of untapped skill, but anyone taking him in the first round is swinging for the fences. I don't really like spending a first round pick on a guy who was a one-year starter.

I like Still, just not in the first round. His two significant injuries bother me and he was never consistent until this season.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I would understand the pick, as well..definitely doesn't mean I would like it though. Like I said earlier, I'd rather pick BPA(yes, I have a lot of players ahead of Brockers) and then go DT in the 2nd since there will probably be some good ones left.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It's hard to argue against BPA but Brockers is one of the more intriguing players in the draft. He's still very young and will only continue to improve but at the same time he's super talented and fills a need. I'm not in love with the guy because he has a boom/bust type deal but I actually would like that pick. Wimbley, Morgan (if he stays healthy), Casey, Klug, and Brockers would be a very good DL.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Replace Brockers with Still, Reyes, Wolfe, Thompson, or Worthy and it would be just as good. We'd also have a great 1st round pick at another position as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar