Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Message to the Colts: Don't buy the hype.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,570
    Honestly, I love how the Colts seem to have already placed their pick at the podium, especially if that pick is Andrew Luck.
    I'm not being extreme, or just going against the grain because it's expected of me, but Andrew Luck isn't half as good as the praise he's receiving.

If you were to watch all of his game footage, highlights, etc without knowing who he was via the hype machine, would you be impressed? Go ahead. Imagine you've never heard the name "Andrew Luck"... would this reel impress you?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zputbI9YoHE"]Andrew Luck Highlights [in HD] - YouTube[/ame]

And all the highlights are like this. Mostly dink-n-dunk, mostly pull-downs and runs... something he can't do in the NFL.

How many of those passes float/hang in the air and the WR/TE has to sit, wide open, and wait for it to fall? Too often for such an "elite" QB.

Negatives:
    His arm is weak.
    His passes sail.
    He takes a while to find WRs. (I'll chalk this up to playing at Stanford with little talent at WR)

Positives:
    Has great footwork/pocket awareness.
    Keeps plays alive.
    Smart.

Worthy of the guaranteed top pick?

Not even close.

Jim Harbaugh made Alex Smith respectable. I'd bet he's the reason for Luck's hype moreso than Luck himself.

So as a Titans fan, I'd love for the Colts to skip over RG3 in the conversation and select Luck while letting Peyton go- but if they choose to go a different direction on draft day, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.
    3 people high five this.
  2. cdubbs2121 Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $4,458
    LOL kiper has him rated as the best prospect ever. Weak arm? More like weak logic in this post.
    2 people high five this.
  3. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,681
    I'm more afraid of seeing RGIII twice a year than I am Andrew Luck, so I hope Indianapolis sticks to their guns and drafts Luck first overall. I see a few ways teams can have success vs Luck, RGIII IMO is a good bit tougher to plan for.
    2 people high five this.
  4. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,681
    His arm isn't "weak", but it's certainly not a cannon like Manning's or Locker's.
  5. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,681
    And that video sucks BTW. I hate highlight reels that don't show me what the player sees.
  6. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,148
    I don't see Luck as every being that Top-5 ELITE QB... like Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc.

I see him more as a 2nd tier QB... like a Rivers, Ryan, Stafford, Roethlisberger type of guy.
  7. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,570
    Oh is that so?

THE Mel Kiper?

I should have listed that as another negative.
    9 people high five this.
  8. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,570
    Pretty much. Roethlisberger/Romo is how I see him.
  9. RTH Meh...

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $8,789
    He'll be good, not great - as the hype would lead you to believe.
  10. Big TT Pro Bowler

Klug
    Moolah:
    $10,765
    Rapelisberger has two rings. Romo, eh, well a top 10 arm easily.