Merrill Hodge a complete Jacka$$...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Delaware Titan, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Probably beaten up in high school for being called Merrill.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Here's why these toilet bowl scrubbers get away with this kind of idiocy. No one ever calls them on it. We've all got short memories and his brothers in the booth sure aren't going to remind us later on.

Imagine it's two years from now and Vince Young is a top 5 quarterback in the NFL and someone pulls a tape of goober boy saying he's a day 2 wide out. He'd look like the insane fool that he is and I would go out and support every advertiser on the program to show my support. :ha:

3. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Guest

to be fair, everyone else on the show tried to laugh him out.... They thought he was ridiculous, and said so......

4. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

The talk of Vince to WR was all but gone (at least with respect to anyone who was paying any attention) by the end of his sophmore year, especially after his performance against Michigan in the Rose Bowl. After that, all the talk was Heisman talk. Most stragglers about Vince at QB were gone after the Ohio State game as well. That game really put to rest the notion that Vince can't throw and can't beat you with his arm.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I didn't see it, but good for them. The bottom line is that ESPN et al is not really sports analysis, it's sports entertainment... and very poor sports entertainment I might add.

6. ya, that was one of the stupidest ideas that i have ever heard from someone, i really hope he would get fired for saying something so idiotic

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I hope espn types keep up this bs about Young. I hope they say he can't make reads, can't rely on his arm... I hope they question his football iq. Nothing makes me more hopeful for Vince than to hear the chatter of doubters and the rhetoric of haters... music to my ears. These new arrivials... the Vince Young worshipers... they have stories to tell and they are great accounts of a champion's spirit. This kind of stuff, as I have come to understand it, has a strong tendancy to elevate Young's game. I believe that Young, provided there is a sufficent amount of talent around him will begin to take over games right out of the gate. I need Volek to be the starter so we can get him out of the way. I have not seen great things time and time again like the Longhorn fans that tell the tales... but from what I have seen... I have seen enough to believe. I really believe in Young.

[​IMG]

8. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

what made you say that. the frequent hospital trips, or the deformed skull:))

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Merrill Hodge highly paid analyst!

Young vs vick:

Interesting that while hodge doesn't think much of vince young he will defend micheal vick every chance he gets. Is that consistent? Since vick after 5 years in the nfl has proven he is not a very effective passer and young has yet to throw a pass and both are great runners. But we have to understand that we are the lowly rabble and hodge is a highly paid analyst so we, need to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Regarding vick hodge says that it is expected he would struggle because it takes 5 years to master the west coast offense. Ok great point hodge but you don't mind if we study that theory? Let's see; montana went to the pro bowl and won the super bowl mvp in his third year. Strike one! Brett favre in his first year at green bay in the west coast offense went to the pro bowl. Strike two. Steve young in his first year in the west coast offense had 10 TDs and 0 ints as montana's backup in 1987. Strike 3! It simply does not take 5 years for a good QB to play well in that system. Hodge is clueless!

Of course that is merrill's job a job he gets paid very well to do and i'm just fan. It took me a tiny bit of memory and 2 mouse clicks to disprove some theory he made up. Given this guy's stupidity and laziness we should be honored that he has issues with vince young.

Regarding the young-vick comparison? Young is 5 inches taller, has a quicker release and probably a more accurate arm. We could start young from day one and he could do what vick has been doing and vick is still going to pro bowls!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar