Merril Hoge Gives Prediction for Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wplatham, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

One day....

Jacksonville vs. Arizona... SUPERBOWL!

Hey in the next 100 years I'm sure it will happen and when it does ESPN can say "yea we picked those two teams to be good."

Sorry but I'm not a Garrard believer. Anyone think he's going to throw just 2 interceptions again? I don't. I'll be stunned if he throws under 10. And if he does it's because he misses at least 3 games.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm hoping he equals last years INTs in week 1.

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Perrrrrrrfect!!!

4. arcticboy

arcticboy Guest

I don't think they beat us 24-6, but it is not out of the realm of possibility. Vince has never played well against them, and our offense has shown nothing in the preseason. I would be surprised if we didn't score at least one TD, probably 2, but we have to be realistic and say 0 is a possibility. Their D is stout, and ours is too. That is why I doubt they score 3 tds against our d, but a pick run back for a score is a possibility. You know Gregg Williams is going to blitz and use packages that Vince has never seen before. If he doesnt adjust, it will be trouble.

That said, I feel it will be low scoring, both teams in the teens, and won by a late FG....by us.

5. kak23

kak23 Camp Fodder

ehh...Vince isn't going to have to win this game for the Titans. This is going to be the Chris Johnson/Lendal White show + the Defense to give us a chance. Everyone needs to remind themselves of the beast of a defense the Titans had last year and know that it is even better this year. I look for one defensive score and a breakout play by Chris Johnson. White runs down the clock. And Vince throws a lot of short passes with a few shots down field with one of them connecting for a big play.

This will be a closer game than Hoge Poge thinks and I look forward to unveiling the secret weapon that is Chris Johnson.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Yeah I agree with kak mostly, but I think the game will be one or lost at the line of scrimmage for both teams...

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If the Jags win 24-6 will you still be calling for his job?

8. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

hahaha at you guys complaining about garrard when you have vince gump as a qb. the titans will be lucky to finish in 3rd place.

doesnt matter though. the jags and titans will be behind indy once again. sure the titans and jags are media darlings but they wont beat the colts out. you guys have 5 more years of looking up at the colts

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

As a professional analyst, it really isn't very smart on his part to call for an 18 point win between two teams that are so even.

But I guess from your viewpoint if Hoge says something it must be true. Good luck with that.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans were third last year. 10-6 and POs

Hows Chesneys boyfirends knee's anyways. doesn't matter Fat Albert will break'em off on MNF anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar