McNair's Future Uncertain with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: As the Titans settled one of their offseason priorities with a contract agreement for Kyle Vanden Bosch, nothing has been settled with Steve McNair who turned 33 this week. There has been little movement in negotiations and both sides appear to be sticking to their guns. The Titans have said they could pay a $1 million non-exercise fee and let McNair play out '06 but the cap hit would be anywhere from $13 to $16 million. Meanwhile, McNair would like a long-term deal and wants his '06 salary to remain at the $10 million mark.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I thought Bus Cook didn't represent Young? Didn't he pick a family relative or something?

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

My understanding is the CAP hit will be about the same this year if we pay him the 1.0 million option and keep him one more year as it will be if we cut him. Just pay him the 1.0 mill and let Young be the starter after sitting one year.

4. About the same opinion as me, although i do think Mcnair's got enough Titan spirit to play with the Titans for a year or two after that even as a backup

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Jeff made a boo boo. The article doesnt mention Vince Young at all, and Bus is Cutler's agent, not Young's.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We don't want McNair staying as a backup and certainly McNair will not want that either. McNair is still going to want big $$ if he stays so the best scenario is to have Young sit the bench the first year and then take over.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

He was his agent. He's now more of a consultant.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought the irony too interesting not to comment on. I based that on this:

"The Madison product will hire Bus Cook as his agent. Cook is also the agent for Tennessee quarterback Steve McNair, Young's mentor, and Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre." (from the Houston Chronicle)

I stand corrected. I just found this"

"Houston sports agent and attorney Major Adams confirms he and his company will represent NFL prospect Vince Young for contract negotiations as well as marketing work. Young is also from Houston.

Adams says James "Bus" Cook, who represents Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre and Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair, won't have a formal role in Young's representation, but might informally advise him on the negotiation of Young's NFL contract. Media speculation had indicated that Cook would represent Young because McNair is Young's mentor. "

Whoops.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

"Houston sports agent and attorney Major Adams confirms he and his company will represent NFL prospect Vince Young for contract negotiations as well as marketing work. Young is also from Houston."

so Young is paying these guys but he might consult informally with Cook?

Sounds like a major disaster is about to happen

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Bus Cook was on 106.7 last week, and he said he had absolutely nothing to do with representing Vince Young, that he wasnt involved with him at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar