McNair was a project too.....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Poody, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poody

Poody Guest

I was listening to my local sports talk radio (San Antonio), and one of the local guys was interviewing Chris Landry who was with Houston when they drafted McNair.

It was interesting because he said when they drafted McNair he couldn't read a defense to save his life. But McNair and the coaching staff had a luxury of building a team around him for two reasons. One is a new coach, the other is a new city. McNair and Fisher were not under pressure from ownership because the team was in a transition period. He said Bud Adams would never fired his head coach in the middle of the move, and because of that Fisher wasn't pressured to start McNair and McNair was able to sit and learn.

Chris Landry went as far as to say that had McNair and Fisher stayed in Houston, and the normal pressures of pushing the teams top draft pick on the field occured, that neither one of them would have lasted three years.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Just because McNair worked out doesn't mean Young will. I never understand why people use that kind of logic. I don't really think your post has much to do with what the title seems to imply though, so I'm just rambling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar