Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

McCourty is a scrub!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Aug 17, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,977
    We have used a significant amount of draft capital on the CB position. Mouton was a third rd pick and Sensibaugh and Verner were 4th rd picks and of course we just used a high 3rd on Wilson.

I don't see us using much of a pick next year for a CB. If we are going to overhaul a position next year it will be at safety.

Honestly you can get by with average CBs if your safeties are good and you have a good pass rush.

I'm far more concerned about Pollard and our safety situation than JM.
  2. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,872
    Safety for sure. Even if Pollard is decent he is only on a one year deal. George Wilson is old, getting worse and was never that great to begin with.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Brew City Case Race Champion

Casey
    Moolah:
    $100
    Off the top of my head Mike Wallace Thursday night last year vs Steelers. Probably more recent and often, but this is one I distinctly remember because Wallace was on my fantasy team.
  3. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,977
    If our defense struggles this year look for a total over haul of the safety position and a conversion to a 3-4 system.

That's even with Munch remaining as the head coach.
  4. Brian Richard Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $29
    for the most part the D in the box was not all that bad. Now the coverage on the other hand, Ha needs work.
  5. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $8,071
    I like J-Mac, and he's gonna be here long term. Verner on the other hand...
  6. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $1,208

We gotta replace both our Tackles soon, and maybe a guard, but other than that it's not too bad. Tackles are very important. We were very lucky to get those two gems in the draft.
  7. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,207
    Still think the wrong CB got paid. We definitely should have kept Finnegan and locked up Verner instead of JMac. I'm still rooting for the guy to play well but I don't think he's a top CB and definitely didn't warrant the money we've given him so far and still owe him.

Although Verner doesn't have great speed he has great football IQ and awareness. He knows how to make plays on the ball.
    RavensShallBurn high fives this.
  8. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $10,486
    ???
    2ToneBlueBlood high fives this.
  9. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $1,208

Mk Levitre isn't as old as a thought he was, but he won't come cheap when we gotta resign him. Our two tackles are getting old, though.