Mccarthy vs Fisher...a lesson to learn..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

In 2008 the Green Bay Packers were 20th in total defense and 22nd in scoring D. McCarthy responded by firing every single defense coach save one, Winston Moss the linebacker coach. We all know what happened since. Dom Capers came in and changed them to a 3-4. They drafted Matthews and Raji and won a super bowl.

The point in all this was that McCarthy felt pressure to win and was willing to make radical changes to make it happen. Compare that attitude to Fisher who wasn't even willing to fire his defensive coordinator after 2 horrible seasons.

Munch needs to pay attention to this. Loyalty and friendship are one thing but when your arse is on the line you need to get people who are worth a damn. Fisher obviously felt too comfortable in his position to make changes like that. Munch should never feel so comfortable.

• High Five High Five x 11
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Packers are the exact opposite of the Titans. They won a Super Bowl, while we literally fell apart. We run run run, they pass pass pass. Two teams couldn't be more different. And I picked Green Bay to play us back in the summer. I kind of had that figured out right.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

They don't win because they "pass pass pass". that has nothing to do with it and has nothing to do with my point.

Most teams that had a disproportionate ratio of pass to run sucked or were eliminated from the playoffs early. See Saints.

So we are supposed to throw the ball 40 times a game with Kerry Collins? :suspect:

4. JCBRAVE

You like yourself too much. I never said it did.

You're asking ME if we should let Kerry Collins pass the ball more? :ha: :ha: :ha:

Kerry Collins is dead to me.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

The Packers this season ran about 962 offensive plays and the passed about 541 times this season. That gives them a R/P ratio of 43.77%/56.23%. They ran 240 plays this post-season and passed the ball about 132 times. This gives them a post-season R/P ratio of 45%/55%.

Take it for what you will. The more you know. etc.

6. Finnebosch

I do agree with Munch completely overhauling the coaching staff if the are failing to do their jobs. People need to be held accountable for there actions and we need to send a message that if you can't get it done then we will find someone who can.

7. JCBRAVE

The perception is that all they can do is pass, which allows them to run for nearly 5 YPC.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So every team should automatically have a 60% pass ratio because one team won with it? What if you don't have an elite Qb and the best deepest group of Wrs in the league? Then what?

Another reason why the packers only ran it 43% of the time is that they had no running game.

What was the pass-run ratio of the Steelers, Ravens, Jets?

Why were the Falcons among the league leaders in rushing yards?

The Cardinals were 11th in pass attempts and 32nd in rushing attempts. They must have been awesome!

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What if Jeff fisher had a pass run mix of 54% pass 46% rush? Would that have made him a better coach?

10. Finnebosch

Yeah it probably would have.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar