Matthews a master motivator: James hurt

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans Insider, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Yea I'm leaning toward the fact we give locker his final 4 games to put the nail in the coffin
  2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Matthew Stafford played 13 games his first two seasons as a starter vs Locker's 18 and none of Locker's issues are of the chronic variety (i.e. Vince Young's quadriceps) so I honestly believe his injuries are a result of bad luck brought on by bad decision making.
  3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

Think about this though. Obviously we aren't going to resign Britt. What if we also don't resign D-Will? That really only leaves Wright, Hunter and Washington. With Britt and D-Will leaving, you could make the argument that WR becomes a need, especially with Washington getting older, he's bound to start falling off. Then what if one of those 3 we still have left over have a season ending injury early in the season? Do you really want to play the rest of the season with Mariani or Preston as the #3? I would have no problem taking Matthews in the 2nd. There's no way if he makes it to #42 that he's not the BPA. I wouldn't reach for him at 11 though, no way.

However, my prediction is that he's picked by the Panthers. That's such a huge need for them. They haven't given Cam any weapons to play with and they still went 12-4. Imagine if they actually got a playmaker or two what kind of damage they could do, especially with how their defense is playing.
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Preston is ready to get more PT, WR is not a need.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Starter

agreed. have him be the 4th guy. if we do trade back though, Matthews would be pretty awesome to pick up. May is sssoooo far away.
  6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

I think Preston has earned his shot. He was by far our best receiver in the preseason and came up clutch when he was finally given a shot in the regular season. Give the poor guy a shot.
    • High Five High Five x 1