Matt Leinart on the trade Block.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I find it amusing that people still say that Fisher wanted Leinart over Young. There is absolutely no evidence that that's true.

There's some very shakey evidence (a few reports from semi-respectable writers) that Fisher didn't want to draft Young, but no one knows for sure whether he preferred Leinart, Cutler or a different position.

Young could still easily end up the best QB from that class, at least in terms of winning games.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I think it's settled and he is. I don't like Cutler at all. No winning intangibles, doesn't seem like a leader to me, throws way too many interceptions, and his pocket awareness is questionable.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I remember the 2006 reports being Bud wanted Young, Fisher wanted Cutler and Reese wanted Leinart.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I wanted VY throughout the entire 2005 season. I went to most games hoping we'd lose and get a good draft pick. I actually remember being frustrated when we beat the 49ers. Everyone thought I was being a terrible fan because no one understands what "the future" means. Once 2008 rolled around, I thought he was a huge bust, but I'm now remaining cautiously optimistic. I have pretty high expectations from Vince this year.

It was pretty clear in the Texans/Titans game toward the end of the 2005 season that Kris Brown shanked the field goal on purpose, losing the game, and almost sealing their #1 pick.

After this season, I think we will be able to tell, for sure, who the best QB from the 2006 draft is. I wouldn't put my money on Cutler. That's for sure.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I admit it, I wanted Leinart and not Young, yep I was very wrong. On the flip side I was screaming at the TV hoping we would draft Steve Smith (the NY Giants guy) and not Chris Henry. I'm a lot more accurate on my skill position players than I am on QBs, obviously.

6. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I don't think so....this will only be his 4th year; remember, when the league did away with the salary cap, one of the stipulations became that players became free agents after 6 years now, not 4 anymore

7. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Minnesota getting any QB for the future would make sense, but currently the organization is too afraid to do anything like that in case it were to piss off favre

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Did you? I saw it, and think highly of Dixon after that game. Don't feed me stats, because the throws were good. Like I said earlier, his receivers let him down.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I always heard it was Fisher-Leinart (USC connection), Reese-Cutler, and Bud-VY.

Not that it really matters.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

QBs are really crap shoot. Most QBs that are top prospects are drafted by terrible teams and the reason they are terrible usually has to do with ownership, coaching, offensive line, etc etc. It's possible a QB can get drafted into a terrible system, thus making him look bad. (and vice versa)

If the drafted QB isn't coming into an environment where he can actually grow and learn...he isn't going to be any good.

The thing about Leinart is.. he has been given chance after chance and he has wasted each one with his attitude of entitlement. He was given 5 years in AZ and he must have just been playing madden in the locker room the whole time. He looks like he has regressed because seeing him in college and seeing him now, he looks like 2 different QBs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar