Marques Colston

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We took Damien Williams when we didn't need him, just because it was the 3rd round, he was a 2nd round grade, and Fisher is stupid. Even though I really like Williams, I don't wanna do that again.

Drafting a WR within our first 3 picks we have would be a luxury. We don't NEED a WR, but we could certainly use one knowing Kenny's injuries are bound to happen. Even Nate is liable to miss a game or two. We should absolutely get us another WR, but we do have Avery sitting around. He should be good come 2012.

I know there's good receiver talent to be gotten in April, but we have too many needs to be drafting best player available like we did when we took Williams. But I've said that enough I think. Moving on....

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yup, I think the safety position is gonna get an overhaul reeeeal soon. Once you add in the DT/DE need along with a SS and hopefully a G... We are talking half a draft not including what we get for compensation picks.

3. JCBRAVE

SS used to be a need, but we have Babs now, he'll need an extension though since his deal is up after 2011. It's now finding a FS who wants to play tackle football in the NFL and get paid good money doing it.

We could also move Babs over to FS and hunt down a SS. But both Griffin and Hope MUST go.

4. Clark

Yea I figure babs is the survivor of the backend this season. There arnt a bunch of top round talent at SS but some good mid round prospects, Winston guy. Markelle Martin, Sean couttouse, Duke ihenacho. I'm sure we get one. We have to. Lol

5. JCBRAVE

IMO the safety position is the easiest job in football after punter. We could put Campbell back there if he wants to play, hell play Hawkins back there.

6. Clark

MAybe so, but elite Safties are game changers. Polamalu for example.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Clark

Also which Hawkins You talking about, hopefully the cb lol. He had a real nice play against the saints. I was impressed.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

"Babs" has not proven himself to be a quality strong safety. He is a backup utility player and always has been. That is why we signed him to just a one year deal not much above the vet minimum.

The lack of a real run stopping SS is partly why our run defense has been poor.

9. JCBRAVE

I agree Babs isn't the best SS, which is also why I say if he stays, maybe he should scoot over to FS, but he's more than capable at SS. He's not half the liability Hope is in coverage.

10. JCBRAVE

Yea I'm talking about the CB Hawkins LOL. I've been very impressed with ALL our CB's this season. Only once have I ever been able to feel that way towards our CB's and that was way back when we still had Rolle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar