Marks forces Titans into safety

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

From intern Logan Butts …

In his first game back in Nashville since leaving the Titans, defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks came up big for the Jaguars.

Late in the fourth quarter as the Titans began a potential game-tying drive, Marks forced a holding penalty in the end zone on Titans rookie guard Chance Warmack for a safety that put the Jaguars ahead 22-13.

“I feel good about coming out and putting everything together,” Marks said. “As far as that (the safety) I was just doing my job, getting pressure. Positive things happen when you do your job.”

As for seeing some former teammates, Marks said: “It felt great to see some old faces and to see some guys I’ve become friends with. But as far as the game, I just went out and played my game. It was fun.”

Warmack took full blame for the safety.

“It was bad technique on my part,” he said. “My hands weren’t inside. I have to do better than that. I have to be a better football player for my teammates.”

“If you mess up on a play, you clap it off and keep on moving. I’m never discouraged because if I make a mistake, I move on forward.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Of all people in the world, this freaking bum

#FML

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Chance Warmack was a waste of a top-ten pick.

4. JCBRAVE

too soon to say that

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

No it's not. Any guard is a waste of a top-ten pick. The hope was that he'd be a great guard, which hasn't happened and still wouldn't be worth a top-ten pick.

It was a stupid pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

Cant say I disagree. I did NOT want a Gaurd at 10

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Stupid Refs gave the Jags 19 yards, therefore Marks made a play on a holding call from #70..

Wasn't #70 suppose to be NFL ready? I think we could have drafted a RG in the 7th round and got the same production.

I still refuse to give up on him, but I want better production from a #10 pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar