Mariota Performance Wasn't That Great...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cozmicfool, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

offense went 4-4 in the redzone with 3 of those being touchdowns....he scored efficiently in the hardest area of the field to score in....who cares about 20+ yard passes?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Also worth pointing out the Bucs D is built not to give up the 20-yard passes, so him not hitting long passes is of no concern to me, he'll find guys in other match-ups..

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Ironically I just got finished reading that. My thing about it is regardless of how great the game plan you need someone to process and execute it.

Players who are highly smart, but not talented enough to execute plays or process what's going on around them, often become coaches or average players. Players who are not smart enough or can't process what's going on around them but have all the talent in the world have a tendency to be busts.

Ultimately especially at the QB position you need both. He's demonstrated that. Yes the coaching staff put him in a great position something we ragged on them about last year, but you need someone to execute the plan and he did that in spades.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mariota's ability to process information so quickly is the clincher, thats all him out there once the plays called in..

So far this is a wonderful marriage with Whiz and Mariota, they compliment each other well.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm just saying maybe he shouldn't have attempted that throw. Yeah, it got there, but I can't imagine it being the easiest/highest percentage throw on the field. Didn't even dock him for it really or call him lucky.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm willing to bet Brady didn't throw more than two passes beyond 20 yards last week.

I guess by PFF's dumb Brit nerd logic, he wasn't great either.

GTFO... Mariota had the best rookie QB debut of all time. Don't care how long his passes are. PFF again proving they're dumb.

I guess PFF thinks Mett is better because he bombs passes.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  7. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

I've been listening to, and reading crap from pundits and fans for months now praising Winston for being able to thread a pass through a tight window, and claiming MM can't.

But now I read an FSU fan saying Marcus shouldn't have thrown that ball, or that it should have been picked? Because the window was too small, and it only succeeded due to luck?

Oh Puh-leeze!

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Volek was better.

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

As a matter of fact I checked on that yesterday.
    Brady threw two beyond 30 and completed one. But the vast majority looked a lot like MM's.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I haven't said anything about JW. This is about the game Mariota played against the Bucs.

Again, I gave MM credit for fitting the ball in there. Never used the word luck. Doesn't change the fact that it was a risky throw over the middle of the field.

I have how you guys are hanging on the one semi-negative thing I said about his entire day. You ****ing guys, I swear...

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar