Mariota leads the NFL....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Rwill, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I know the last topic was merged with the post game thread, but this isn't about just one single game...

Marcus Mariota responsible for more defensive TDs than anyone else - Tennessee Titans Blog- ESPN

Responsible for more defensive tds than anyone else in NFL.

I know Wright and Mularkey are putting blame on Wright, but watch the video... From the moment the ball hits Mariota's hands he is birddogging Wright, then throws a soft pass (compared to some of his bullets) on the wrong side of the receiver. There was nothing Wright could have done except maybe go for an offensive pass interference to save the TD.

The option fumble was just pure Mariota. He fakes the option then does not tuck the ball and bam, another fumble...

In his 31 starts in college he fumbled the ball 23 times. He had a total of 27 fumbles including the games he did not start.

Last season in 12 games, he had 10 fumbles.

This season in 9 games he has 7 fumbles.

There is no doubt this is NOT going away. When you have 27 fumbles in college and nothing has been corrected, 10 fumbles in 12 games in the nfl and nothing has been corrected and now 7 fumbles in 9 games and nothing being corrected, we have to accept that Mariota will always haphazardly fumble the ball.

I honestly feel like he will be our Tony Romo. He will be so good when it doesn't matter that you can't justify not keeping him, but will always be the player who kills us when it does matter.

If Dallas had given up on Romo years ago, brought in a more consistent (even if not as stat worthy or fantasy football worthy) qb, would they have had more playoff success? I personally think so.

• High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target x 2
    • Bullsh*t x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Troll x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

No

Can't be

Mariota is flawless

Every qb leads the NFL in touchdowns given to the defense

• High Five x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • LOL x 1
    • Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target x 1
  3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Fumbles are a huge issue, not sure how this is going to be corrected tbh. The INTs are normal for a young QB, not as upset about that, although having a bunch come back for TDs does suck.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Fumbles ain't gonna be corrected

If he hasn't figured it out by now that he has to hold the ball tight he likely never will

I forewarned of this

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Yep, I expect ints from veterans. I really expect them from a 2nd year player.
    the fumbles are out of hand, literally.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

“They made a couple of great plays,’’ Mariota said. “Obviously I can’t fumble, that is going to put us in bad situations. … The turnovers hurt us a lot and those are things I have to take care of.”

I am glad he says this after almost every single game, but it is very disheartening that he says this after almost every single game.

At what point does he actually do something other than say this? From his fumble stats he has had PLENTY of practice saying "I can't fumble" yet 40 or so fumbles later well, here we are.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We just need to accept the fumbles at this point. It comes with the territory of him being the QB.

The worst part about it is he is being hit less this year and fumbling at the same rate as last season. He will never get it.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. Serjio

Serjio Starter

Easy fix bro, jokes aside he will get over this. We have the right guy under center.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I curious what the breakdown is from fumbles in the pocket from pressure and fumbles running the ball.

It does seem that he has short stretches where he just loses his mind.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Glad you did the leg work, Ive been wanting to point this problem out as well.

Fumbles are crippling, rather him throw a interception 20 yards down field so they're less likely to return it for 6.

I think the solution is easy, less touches for Mariota, more handoffs/dumpoffs to Henry. Henry is a huge spark to this offense, every time he comes in good things seem to happen, we really missed him yesterday IMO.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar