Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Margus Hunt

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Apr 14, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,380
    I really don't understand the hype in this guy. He's a project that is going to need some work, production was pretty low in college, a lot of scouts are starting to think he might be better as a 3-4 rush LB instead of a 4-3 DE, and oh btw he's going to be 26 when the season kicks off.

He has some nice potential, good size, and is an intriguing project but this guy in the 2nd round? I think there are a lot better options.

Discuss.
    RavensShallBurn high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $20,503
    don't worry the lambs will trade their 2014 1 and 2 for him in the second round.
  2. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $43,094
    Agree 100%. I don't think he'll be any good. Someone will reach on him. I hope he's gone when we pick in the 2nd.
    The Playmaker high fives this.
  3. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,380
    I just keep seeing his name pop up on here and draft sites and just want to see what all the hype is about. I've heard of him but didn't think he was a 2nd round pick.
  4. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,634
    Hes huge, thats why his name wont go away.
  5. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,543
    Big, athletic and strong. Not a very good football player. He's this year's Dontari Poe.
  6. HeadOnASwivel Starter

Moolah:
    $2,077
    He's the white Ziggy Ansah. Most don't seem to have a problem taking Ziggy in the top 10, so I don't see why those same people wouldn't welcome Hunt in the 2nd.
    J Falk and RollTide high five this.
  7. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,543
    Not entirely.

Hunt played in 53 games at SMU while Ansah played in 31 and didn't start until halfway through his senior year. The reasoning is with more experience and technique Ansah will turn in to a terror because of the improvement he showed in 2012. Hunt has been on the scene for a long time and hasn't really done anything outside of the bowl game in 2012. Ansah is also three years younger.

I'm not entirely sold on either of them though...
  8. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $43,094
    Ziggy dominated.

Hunt was unknown until the combine.
    nbtoppers2 and JCBRAVE high five this.
  9. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,931
    Hunt was actually projected as a first rounder at the start of the season. Then he played and dropped off the charts. Then he worked out and is now flirting with the first round.

Taylor Thompson was a better DE when they played together.