Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Manning Turned Off by Circus Atmosphere

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dgup76, Mar 19, 2012.

1. madeupdreams Special Teams Standout

McNair
    Moolah:
    $480
    This came from the Titans, it was their impression.

2. titanfan77 Rookie

Moolah:
    $41
    I wouldn't go so far as to call him a coward, but I do believe he's not a clutch player. 7 1st round playoff exits is not a coincidence, and his SB win came against Rex Grossman.
  3. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,479
    PM has made his bed. I'm anxious to see if he wets it.
  4. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $181
    Haha. The UT fans wanted him so badly that it turned him away. Irony at its finest. I guess if people would have been more objective about the whole situation like I wanted them too then he might have come here ... thank god for you crazy UT fans hahah
    • Tip Jar Donor

CheeseheadTitan Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $481
    Thanks...then the team official should have kept his yap shut. That is just not a productive comment to make, as can be seen by the reaction here.
    1 people high five this.
  5. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $14,958
    Scared of expectations...

what a coward.
  6. madeupdreams Special Teams Standout

McNair
    Moolah:
    $480
    More than likely it was said as more of a CYA type statement. They threw the farm at him, but it was something they had no control over. "Really Mr. Adams, we did all that we could!"
  7. pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $1,062
    If this is true, then Peyton is an idiot. The media in Denver is ten-fold than in Tennessee.
  8. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,491
    Despite me thinking he didnt like that there was even a CHANCE that fans would want Locker over him if he didnt do well.

I would be scared off by the crap that people did here too. Congress and that little BS stunt they did? Shoneys?

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but thats just creepy.
  9. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,479
    Everybody knows that they "won the Super Bowl" when they beat the Patriots that year. That was Peyton's lone clutch moment in his decade-plus long career where he's been to the playoffs the majority of the time.

He wasn't even impressive in his lone super bowl win. 1 TD, 1 INT.

His running back was his leading receiver, and Dominic Rhodes should have actually been the MVP of that game. I remember it well because I was rooting for the Colts.

I never denied that Manning was a choker, even while I was rooting for him to come here. I would take a choke in the playoffs any year, with actually getting to or winning a super bowl once or twice per decade compared to our usual outcome: 2nd or 3rd in the division.
    1 people high five this.