Manning Franchised

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

:woot:

No CBA, no tag, according to the NFLPA anyway. As a distraction for our own screwedness, it's fun to see the Colts under some pressure here.

2. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I am one of the few here that is ok with Manning , I guess, but you gotta wonder how much more does he have left in him.
    My guess, he is in his declining years and will decline rapidly. Getting old sucks I know from experience.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Manning had little help with the running game, inexperience everywhere but his #1 WR, lost one of the league's best TEs, and had the 20th-ranked defense and the Colts still led the league in passing.

He will remain one of the top five QBs in the league until he retires.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree...this has more to do with timing of CBA resolution than anything. Why go out and sign your highest dollar player to a long term contract when all of the rules may be changing in the next few weeks/months, when the safe bet is to value him appropriately short term (franchise tag), and wait for the new rules to crystallize before closing the deal?

Smart move IMO...

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Probably true (and certainly a good posturing position for NFLPA to take), but there is no way that the franchise tag does not make it into a new CBA.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why would Rivers be higher his team didn't even make the playoffs. Brees? He had 22 ints this year in case you didn't notice. Rogers now has a ring, so does Manning.

Rogers and Rivers do indicate a possible shift at that position but neither has done anything yet to surpass Manning.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I know it's fun to rank guys ahead of Manning. Makes you feel like you're bold and knowledgeable. It's just dumb, though. He's one of the very best and we all need to admit it to ourselves. He's on a team that, apart from him, is probably one of the worst teams in the league. He takes them to the playoffs every single year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

What gets me is that the price to keep your "star" Qb keeps going up, and they make new contracts to beat the previous "highest paid QB" contracts....eventually you pay the QB so much that you can't even afford to field a team past the quaterback thats average at best. I have read in an article somewhere what teh Colts will have to sacrifice to meet this new contract of theirs to Manning and it isn't pretty.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So Manning isn't going to be our QB and Lane Kiffin isn't going to be our coach....

I gotta quit believing everything I read here.

10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Bummer.............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar